Save Money On Auto Insurance
Ways To Save Money On Auto Insurance
Owning a car can be expensive. Having a car payment and unexpected repairs can be costly. In order to save money on auto insurance you have to follow a few simple steps.
The first thing that you want to do in order to save money on auto insurance is, shop around. If you're buying a new car, remember to call a few insurance companies for quotes prior to completing your purchase.
The type of vehicle you drive, along with how many miles you commute, can alter the payment drastically. Be prepare, by getting a quote first. This will save you money on your auto insurance premiums.
Here are a few things on a car that can help you save money on auto insurance.
- Motorized seat belts
- Anti-lock Breaks
- Vehicle ID etched into the window
The obvious way to save money on auto insurance would be to have a good driving record. Drive safe, and your premiums will remain low. Some companies offer a " good driver " discount. This is available to those who have had no accidents or driving infractions.
Each time that you renew your policy call your auto insurance agent to see if any new discounts are available for good drivers. Just remember, they look back at your drive history for the past three years.
Having auto theft protection is a great way to save money on auto insurance. If you have an alarm installed on your car, let the insurance agent know before calculating your premium. A car that has an alarm stands a lesser chance of being stolen. Auto insurance companies appreciate this because it saves them money in the long run.
More Discounts And Ways To Save Money
- Have the same company carry multiple polices such as multiple cars and homeowners insurance.
- Students are eligible for discounts if they're good drivers and maintain a certain GPA
- Raise you deductible ( This is the money you are responsible for in the event of an accident )
- Always have insurance. Having insurance 30 days prior to getting new insurance can earn you a discount.
- Keep in touch with your auto insurance company. Check for new discounts and ways to save money on your auto insurance premiums.
- If you have medical health insurance you can lower your premium by removing physical damage from your policy.
- Get liability on cars that are not under financing.
Learn Defensive Driving | Save Money On Insurance
Car Insurance Resources
- When to Drop Full Coverage Auto Insurance
When people refer to a car insurance policy as being full coverage, that usually means having not only the minimum amount of coverage required by law in your state but also a policy that will provide...
- Mandatory Auto Insurance is Not the Same as Obama Ca...
Supporters of Obama Care defend the controversial (one of the many controversial items in a very controversial bill) requirement that makes it a crime not to buy health insurance coverage, have been citing...
- How auto insurance companies calculate the premium f...
Calculating the insurance premium of your car involves many factors to be taken into account before determining your insurance premium, so this can be confusing sometimes. Calculation of insurance premium has...
- How to avoide auto insurance fraud
One of the biggest fraud problems in America is auto insurance fraud. Unfortunately many people are staging auto accidents to collect on the insurance money. You could find yourself in the middle of a large...
- Auto Insurance Guide - How does deductibles affect a...
This article covers the question, How does deductibles affect auto owners insurance premium? plus questions like factors that increase auto insurance premiums and how to reduce the cost of your auto...
- Overseas Auto Insurance For American Cars Abroad
Its actually not that uncommon for Americans to take their cars abroad with them when they relocate, whether temporarily or permanently. While the actual task of importing the car abroad can be a frigging...