- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
Secret SEO Tips You Should Know and Use Everyday
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the art of making a web a page appear at the top of the first page in a search engine’s search results listing. This is, of course, a very tough job and only the best of the best manage to rank high on the first page. Staying in that position for long will be even tougher as there are thousands of pages being published every day.
Unless the web site owner is a large company that can afford to put in a vast amount of cash into SEO, most of the other web masters and administrators will need to be a bit sly about their SEO campaigns. And although there are no courses that are taught or certifications awarded for SEO, there are a few tricks that can help in making a website a winner every time. Here are a few:
- Using the Site Name in the Title: Search engines will rank pages a bit higher when they have their URL’s included in the websites titles. Example: Secret SEO Tips | by seoguys.example.com.
- Keywords in Title: When doing SEO most people tend to focus on putting the keywords or key phrases in only the content of the web page. Putting the keywords in the title of the pages makes the keywords visible to people searching since the title is the first text displayed in a search result.
- Images are Important: Traffic does not only come from direct Google search. Almost half of the time people look for images at images.google.com. And in that case a wise web administrator would make sure to include at least one image with a description that includes all the juicy keywords. This is mainly because the results of these image searches are thumbnails.
- Don’t be Shy: Advertisement has never been the greatest job for shy people. A web administrator should never be shy. Like graffiti artists any and all surface is fair game unless it is specifically noted so. Forums, comments etc can be used as advertisement space by writing something and including a link back to the site. Another thing to take great advantage of is free advertisement sites. This can both help in putting the links out and guiding customers back to site who could become customers.
- Keeping it Fresh: This is probably the most important of all the tips. When content is kept up to date search engines will take it that the site is updated. Another reason to keep the content updated is that over time the large collection of text will become a gold mine of keywords. Id the content does not change then the best way to go would be to add a blog in the site and keep it updated with, at least, 400-word posts every day.
- Socialize, Socialize, Socialize6: Without needing to say that social media networks are revolutionary concepts that have revolutionized how people interact with one another, it is quite obvious that word travels faster via Facebook and Twitter than by word of mouth. Any web administrator not taking full advantage of these sites WILL be left behind.