Security Officer Resume
• Attention to detail for recognizing variables out of norm.
• Ability to remain calm and use good judgment during emergency situations.
• Ability to record data and invert data into an incident report.
• Analytical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to use a baton for self-protection and protection of others.
• Ability to use handcuffs for apprehension.
• Ability to utilize rationale and real time data interpretation.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions.
• Project management skills including leading, negotiating and delegating abilities.
• Excellent personal communication skills.
"--------" Security, Springfield, MO November 2012 - Present
Provide static security of client’s property (assets up to and exceeding $1million).
Provide a sense of security for client’s customers/visitors.
Utilize (confidential) for monitoring customer/visitor access.
Deter criminals from client’s property.
Patrol client’s property to keep a watchful eye of criminal activity.
View camera monitors as a proactive security measures.
Write Incident Reports (IR) for client when observing variables out of norm.
• Detect hazards on property such as fires, flooding or property damage.
Aid customers entering facility.
Answer Trouble calls for customer support.
Make Trouble Tickets for customers.
Monitor heating/cooling system for IT equipment. ("-----" Services)
"-----" Residential Facility July 2012 - November 2012
• Cared for immobile clients.
Unemployment January 2011 - July 2012
• Full-time student.
• Sought employment.
"-----" Youth Home, Bolivar, MO April 2010 - December 2010
Support Staff/Med Tech I
• Helped young males achieve maturity needed in their communities.
• Provided treatment in counseling and social needs to young males while administering physician prescribed medication.
Unemployment May 2009 - April 2010
• Moved to Missouri from Arkansas
• Sought Employment
"-----" Security Int’l, Blytheville, AR January 2008 - May 2009
• Provided static security of client’s property and persons on property.
• Identified customer/visitor to grant/deny access.
• Deterred criminals from client’s property.
• Patrolled client’s property to keep a watchful eye to prevent criminal activity.
• Viewed camera monitors as a proactive security measures.
Do you have post-high school education?
Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice December 2009 - June 2012
ITT Technical Institute, Springfield, MO
Community Service Activities
The “-----” June 2012 - July 2012
(Non-profit organization based in Tulsa, OK dedicated to helping youths across the nation to make the right choices.)
• Lead Security officer
• Monitored security officers in security checks on individuals entering event.
• Promoted to Director of Security toward end of project in Springfield, MO.
• Conducted security checklist and delegated security protocols to officers before, during and after each event.
© 2014 E Matt Howerton