- Business and Employment»
- Business Management & Leadership
Senior Web Designer Job Description
What A Senior Web Designer Does
Becoming a senior web designer is like becoming a CEO of a company. You are at the top of the ladder and you are at a senior position in your company. To become a senior web designer takes a lot of work and is no easy task. In this article we will cover what it is like being a senior web designer and how much money they are known to make.
What a Senior Web Designer Do From Day to Day
Senior web designers are typically the managers of big website projects for companies. They do big projects for corporations that include managing the CMS, doing SEO, and even fixing bugs that appear on the website. Here a basic break down of typical activities that senior web designers do.
- Creating fresh content, logos, and web designs for either clients of the corporation or the corporation itself.
- Overseeing major website projects to ensure smooth efficiency and launch prior to the set deadline.
- Creating cutting edge designs for mobile, print, and web accounts.
- Provide direction and tips to a junior web designer, serving as a mentor and helping bring him to the next level.
- Meeting with the corporate staff and effectively communicating how the business objectives will be met regarding web design.
How Much a Senior Web Designer Gets Paid and Benefits He Receives
A senior web designer can get paid a lot of money. This is one of those jobs that take a high amount of skill and require great compensation for the job. An average senior web designer makes anywhere from $75,000 starting to $90,000 as the highest paid. This can be good news for the people that want to work hard and move up the corporate ladder.The job also comes with many benefits too. Here is a list of benefits for the average senior web designer.
- A Retirement Plan that includes a 401K.
- Health Insurance for the Senior Web Designer and possible his family.
- Paid vacation time anywhere from 6-9 days a year.
The Education Necessary to Become a Senior Web Designer
In order to become a senior web designer, lots of education is required. A simple bachelors degree won't cut it and you will have to have much more experience than that. A typical senior web designer has degree in either graphic design, web design, or web development. Also, a senior web designer usually has over 7-10 years experience in the field of web design. Usually a typical senior web designer has worked his way up the corporate ladder and has help many other positions in the web design business. Positions that include being a Associate Web Designer and Junior Web Designer. Being familiar with CMS systems, search engine optimization, and lots of code knowledge is also helpful.
But is It Worth It??
In my opinion, if you love web design and learning about it all the time, then this is the right career for you. Yes it will be hard but it is not something that cannot be accomplished. It all comes down to how badly you want it. Doing a little everyday can make a big project a lot more manageable. This is a career that will be needed in the future because websites are becoming a daily part of life. The web isn't going down in traffic but it is going up. So In the end, the hard work you put in today, will pay off tomorrow. The payoff might not just be a high paying job but a high paying job that you love to do. So work hard and you will get there!
For More Great Information Regarding Web Design Visit
- Web Design Blog - Helping you Succeed in Web Design
The ultimate source for a web designer looking for an informative web design blog that helps you become better and more successful as a web designer.