- Business and Employment
Shopping Malls: Hotbeds of Danger
That's true. What used to be a pleasant place for friends to meet, spend quality time, and in the process spend money on goods and by doing that--keeping the economy strong, but now, sad to say, is a very dangerous place and you can get in trouble quickly if you are not on your toes
This Piece Joins My
hub about our nation's forestlands being dangerous places if one does not watch what they are doing. Frankly, I had much rather write about handing out advice (free, I might add) to couples who are having trouble dating or even newlyweds as they walk down the pathway of matrimony. I am honest as I can be.
If you, the reader, own a shopping mall, do not think that I am attacking you or what the stores in your mall is selling, for I am not. I am all for you and shopping malls going up all across our landscape. I am a protagonist, died in the wool capitalist, and all for free enterprise.
If you haven't really looked at the conditions of shopping malls lately, I will save you the trouble by sharing this piece that I carefully entitle: Shopping Malls: Hotbeds of Danger.
Did you know that . . .
- A shopping mall is the ideal location for dangerous street gangs? Yes. Just visit your local mall today or tomorrow and soon you will see groups of young men (and girls, sometimes) gathering together looking at innocent customers and yes, the sad fact is that some of these groups of young people are professional pick-pockets and take advantage of shoppers and escape before mall security or local police can arrest them.
- In some shopping malls, prostitutes have been known to "work" the large crowds who visit the mall frequently. I've got to hand it to these girls for in the time it takes to bat an eye, a prostitute can make contact with her "John" and then both can leave without being detected.
- A shopping mall is also an ideal place for infidelity among marital partners. I do not mean your local mall. I am talking about malls where an unfaithful husband or wife is not known or recognized by other shoppers. Again, the mall is an ideal location for hanky panky if you know what I mean.
- Shopping malls are perfect places for kids who love to cut classes. I know what I am talking about. A few years ago, my wife and I went to a mall in a nearby town and it was around 11 a.m. when we arrived ready for shopping. I sat on one of the benches in the middle of the mall while my wife did her shopping and I counted around ten young people who did not look like drop-out's, and the way they were acting, their body language signaled that they were cutting classes.
- A shopping mall is the perfect location for confidence men who are out to "take" innocent people with their various get-rich-quick schemes. Most mall shoppers are not paying attention to the people around them, so when a well-dressed, nice looking man approaches them with this phrase: "Do you want to make free money?" his hook is easily placed in the wallets of unaware shoppers.
- Unhappy employees find that shopping malls are great places for them to sell their own company's production secrets and client lists. Unless you really know what to look for, this kind of white collar crime could be happening right in front of your eyes.
- Similar to the above piece of information, untrue Americans out for lots of cash, can meet and give foreign governments our valuable military secrets as easy as taking a drink of water. I bet you never realized that things like this were happening in your mall did you?
- Illegal betting and book-making can be conducted in front of hordes of shoppers in malls and all without being noticed or detected by mall security or average citizens.
- Shoplifters can operate without a worry in most malls because they blend into the crowds who frequent malls. Let me ask you this: Would you recognize a shoplifter if you came eye-to-eye with one?
- Professional thieves who have taken merchandise from the stores in the mall can turn around and sell the goods to an unsuspecting mall shopper and all without being suspected.
Now that you have been educated on the dangers in America's shopping malls, you can relax and shop with ease and happiness. But please keep your eyes open.
Good night, Corinth, Mississippi.
© 2017 Kenneth Avery