Sites like Pinterest: List of 50 Similar Social Media Websites for Traffic
Pinterest Clone Sites
Pinterest is an online social bookmarking site where people can organize and share the 'things' they find interesting through pinboards. This site allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as interests, hobbies, events, and more. This relatively new social media networking site Founded by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharphas has grown its user base faster than any other site till date. Pinterest is now the third most popular social network on the web, behind Facebook and Twitter. The success and popularity of this site has inspired many to start Pinterest like Sites. There are many cheap and easy to use Pinterest Clone Scripts and Cloning Software’s available for those who want to make a similar social networking sites.
Given below is a list of Pinterest like sites.
40 Websites similar to Pinterest for traffic generation
Given below are a List of Sites like Pinterest.
- Pinspire is a site to ‘Discover, collect and share your inspiration’. It’s is a clone of Pinterest and hardly have any difference. This site was launched by Germany's Samwer Brothers who have the reputation of ‘developing copycats of popular sites’ and then making money by selling the clones to the originals.
- Chill is a Video Bookmarking site. As per the Founder Brian Norgard, ‘A picture may be worth 1,000 words. But in a video, you'll be able to hear and understand all 1,000 words'.
- Piccsy and Pinterest were founded around the same time. According to the founder and CEO Daniel Eckler, ‘Piccsy and Pinterest will serve different purposes'. According to him, 'Piccsy will be the place you go to discover images, and just images’. Piccsy has more of male audience and receives majority of its traffic from sites like StumbleUpon, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Gentlemint is a Pinterest inspired site to share things that are of interest to men. The founders of the site are Brian McKinney and Glen Stansberry. Though this site has more of male viewers, even females can join the site.
- Dartitup is an image based social content aggregator targeting men. This site was created by by two friends, Brandon Harris and Michael Byrne, who noticed the addiction of their fiancees to pinterest.
- LikedBy was promoted as the ‘Twitter for images’. This Pinterest like site from Germany is an online platform for finding and sharing images. The founder and CEO of this site is David Barnowsky.
- Pinstyle is a place for Collecting and sharing fashion photographs. This site has pin boards showing outfits, styles and accessories. According to the founder Yvonne Tesch, ‘Pinstyle is a community for the fashion savvy’.
- SparkRebel is a New York-based fashion and shopping website. This Pinterest Lookalike is focused on Fashion and Beauty. This site features Brand Pages and makes money off affiliate designers and retailers when a user clicks through to buy a product. The founder and CEO of this site is Elad Baron.
- Sworly is a social media site for music lovers. It enables the users to discover, listen to and share music for free. The founders of this site are Kailash Subedi, and Sunil Acharya.
- StylePin is a virtual pinboard to bookmark and share all things related to fashion and style. This social media website is ideal for anyone who has a passion for clothing and accessories. This site headed by John Diep is currently invite-only.
- Dribbble is an online community for designers. It allows users to display small screenshots of their work and get feedback to one another. Dribbble has become a go-to resource for discovering and connecting with designers around the globe. The founders of this site are Rich Thornett and Dan Cederholm. Membership is presently by invitation-only.
- Manteresting is the first image bookmarking site which specifically caters to the male population. This Pinterest alternative for Men is in Beta stage. However, users can register on this site through Twitter, Facebook or email. The founders of Manteresting are Brandon and Jesse Michelsen.
- Visualize me is a start-up based in Toronto, Canada. This site lets the users to convert their LinkedIn profile into a beautiful info-graphic in one click. The founders of the site are Eugene Woo, Hannah Wei and Kenneth Lee.
- Wanelo (combination of Want, Need and Love) is a shopping image-sharing network based in Los Angeles focused on commercial products. It is a site for bookmarking and sharing favorite products. Deena Varshavskaya is the founder and CEO of Wanelo.
- The Fancy is a fast-growing social network which lets its users make photo lists of items they love and allows them to buy them directly through the site. Fancy is a good Pinterest alternative for retailers.Fancy takes a cut of 10% on sales through the site. This site was founded by Joe Einhorn and backed by the co-founders of Twitter (Jack Dorsey) and Facebook (Chris Hughes). A report on Business Insider revealed Apple’s interest in buying this social network.
- Juxtapost is a social bookmarking site founded in July 2011 by Monir Boktor. This website allows users to sign up without invitations. This site also provides the option to keep boards private and share them privately. Content can also be exported to an Excel spread sheet.
- Springpad is a Pinterest like bookmarking site for Business. Springpad combines the features of Evernote and Pinterest. The founders of the site are Jeff Chow, Jeff Janer and Jason Horman.
- We Heart It is an online bookmarking site which lets users to create an online image gallery with images and videos they like. This site was founded in 2008 by Fabio Giolito and Gil Penchina. The company is based in Berkeley, California.
- Freshbump is a social news media site that facilitates community driven content promotion and prioritizes posts based on the collective view of users. Apart from sharing web images and articles, users can also upload images from their Computer and share it on the site. Advertisers can also buy ads from this site to promote their products or services.
- Zootool is one of the best sites for organizing Digital Media Content. With zootool, the users can collect, organize and share their favorite images, videos, documents and links from all over the web. Zootool’s has built-in auto detection feature makes it possible to get the best available previews, tag suggestions, titles and descriptions for bookmarks. Zootool even sorts the bookmarks by type. This site was founded in 2007 by Bastian Allgeier.
- Image Spark is a popular bookmarking and photo-sharing site which allows users to save, share and tag images and articles. Image Spark can be used as brainstorming tool. Users also have the option to keep their content private. Image Spark is free to use and provides users with 1GB of storage and two moodboards. The founders of this site are Geoff Teehan and Jon Lax.
- I Wanna Nom is the cookbook for the digital space. Users of this Pinterest like site for recipes can bookmark recipes and dishes anywhere online, organize them and share them easily with people in their social circles. Members can also rate them, comment on them, and find new recipes and dishes by following friends and fellow foodies. One can sign up on this site with either Facebook or Twitter.
- Wanderfly is the site to discover and share personalized travel recommendations. The founders of this travel based site are Christy Liu, Evan Schneyer and Cezary Pietrzak.
- Trippy is an image sharing site to collect and share travel ideas with other users and collaborate on travel plans. This site was created created in September 2011 by technology entrepreneur J R Johnson aka JR.
- Tailored is a Pinterest like niche site focused on weddings. Users can get personalized wedding recommendations, create lists, and find people who share their style. This site was launched in February 2012. The founders are Aaron Hall, Sara Morgan and Matt Johnston.
- Lover.ly is a niche site focused on weddings. Lover.ly partners with bridal blogs and other editorial content creators to bring its users the most beautiful wedding ideas. It is a wonderful site for Brides to search, save and share wedding ideas. However, this site does not allow its users to upload their own pictures. The site makes money through Partner Blogs. Kellee Khalil is the Founder and CEO of this site.
- TheComplete.Me is a social dating network where singles discover people who share their true interests and mutual friends. This site requires users to connect through facebook. The Founder and CEO of the site is by Brian Bowman, former VP Product of the dating site Match dot com.
- Snip.it is a social bookmarking site for news. This site lets users to snip videos, images, and articles online and share their opinions with the world. The site was founded in 2011 by Ramy Adeeb.
- Curisma is a social network for geeky gifts and gadgets. This sale site for community-curated tech products has the tag line, "discover cool tech." Fatma Yalcin and Eugene Gorelik are the founders of this site.
- Bo.lt is a Page Sharing Service that lets users to copy, edit and share almost any webpage. This site is a combination of Pinterest and Evernote . The Founders of the site are Matt Roche and Jamie Roche.
More Sites similar to Pinterest
Given below are 50 more Sites similar to Pinterest.
- All My Faves
- Project Décor
- Picha Global
Pinterest or Pinterest-like Websites - Who Came First? It’s difficult to say who copied who as some of the websites were in existence much earlier to Pinterest. Some of these social bookmarking sites include Zootool, VisualizeUs, PicoCool and FFFFound to name a few. However, there is no denying that the success and popularity of Pinterest motivated many to come out with copycat sites to replicate its success. There are pinterest clone sites in every niche category imaginable – be it fashion, travel, wedding, shopping, crafts or food. There are even dedicated Pinterest like sites for Men and porn.
Can Pinterest's Success Be Duplicated by the copycats? Only time will tell. However, many of these alternative sites in the list are capable of driving huge traffic to websites just like Pinterest. Do you use any of the above social media sites? Feel free to share your experiences through comments.
© 2012 Anamika S