- Business and Employment»
- Marketing & Sales»
- Internet Marketing
Social Media Marketing - A Passing Fad Or A Major Breakthrough
Social media means users contribute to a website content.
Web 2.0 essentially means the same thing. Users contribute content to any website and this includes photos, blogs, texts, videos, podcasts and links.
The sudden burst of Web 2.0 sites are actually all social media sites which allow users to share information and make connections with each other. So if there is a Web 2.0, there surely is a Web 1.0 isn't it?
Web 1.0 websites are sites where the webmasters or website owners contribute to the content. Gone are the days when this concept exist. And even if they still do, these websites will eventually be replaced by Web 2.0 sites
Examples of Web 2.0 sites.
- etc.... the list could go on forever
Is it just a passing fad?
Social Media Marketing is one of the most commonly heard terms on the internet. Internet marketers capitalize on the traffic generated from these sites to bring more leads and more sales.
But is social media marketing that important?
Is it all worthy of the hype or is it just one
of those passing fads that will soon die out before we even know what
The answer to all those questions are:
- Social Media Marketing is a very important marketing tool and it certainly is hear to stay and will not change anytime soon. Not until recently, larger corporations and companies are catching up with the idea of social medial marketing.
- It is definitely worth all the hype and NOT a passing fad! Social Media Marketing is all about building relationships. You can even call it relationship marketing and the reason why its so powerful is that it is the best way of building and selling any business.
There are a few things you need to understand about social media marketing. These basic principles are the same throughout and must be understood to ensure success if you want to use social media for your business.
The Basic Prinicples
These basic principles are key to understand how social media works and how to utilize it.
1) When you are looking at social websites, it is important to find your niche and pick the right niche social group to join. Don't join all the major social networking sites because it will not be targeted and it takes too long to make your presence there.
2) Make friends just like how you really make friends in the real world. Apply
that online and you will find ppl gravitating to you and listening to
what you have to say. Do not sell things in the beginning.
3) Find out what the people in your niche really like. Identify their interests, business, niche and communicate with them regularly. It is important to get to know you friends before bringing it "to the next level" just like how it applies in the real world!
4) Provide content, products or tools to help them. Do this consistently and eventually you will build trust with them. Exchange links and share information with those in your niche.
5) Don't just stick with one social community. Join other niche social
sites and repeat the previous steps. Get to know your members well and build relationships that will help you in the long run.
6) Social bookmarking, commenting while linking back to your Web 2.0 pages, blogs or any of your websites. Ensure that you incorporate deep linking throughout this process too.
7) Find out which social networks is helping you get more traffic and more people interested to network with you. Invest more time in those that can provide this benefit and expand your presence further.
8) Repeat these steps and fine tune it as you go along.