How to Write & Publish your Own Books
In self-publishing, you are both the creator of the story and the book producer, you are the author and the publisher. Important assets to have are creative writing skills in order to become a published author, and money in order to publish.
Until very recently, book printing was expensive. These days you may sell out to a publisher or publish on your own, and going the e-book route is always a good idea to get a head start, because it costs little and gets your content out there.
Getting your book published is what is important; how you break into print is not. A publisher will edit, design, typeset, lay out, proofread, print, and distribute your book. You may also perform these functions yourself or hire a book designer, deal with a book printer, and use a book distributor.
One of the best ways to promote your books and encourage sales is by giving seminars, workshops, and lectures. People who listen to your presentations are liable to become fired up, and want to read your content. They may become excited about the subject that you have presented and want to take immediate action. And what better action than to buy your books, conveniently displayed at the back of the room?
You may think that giving presentations is not your personality, but it can be very lucrative and should not be easily dismissed. As an author or publisher, you will be promoting your products at all places from workshops at a local library and bookstores to media appearances on local TV. Chances are you have written a book on a topic you know quite a lot about. Seminars are a reasonable extension of promotion, and can actually be quite fun!
Help From Amazon
Check out the genre or category in which you would like to publish a book, and take note of weather or not the books are hardcover, such as business books often are, or over sized, such as children's books tend to be, or lightweight, such as travel books are. Respect the category, and select a look that you like. Examine the color of paper, size of type, and overall design.
Use that book as a model for your first publication. Remember that if this book is on the shelf in a bookstore and it is standing out to you among the other books, it is because someone else invested a great deal of time and money designing this look. Do not copy exactly of course. Just use it as a general guide.
PQN (print quantity needed) printing is high speed, computer controlled, toner based production. This type of machine can print both sides of paper at the same time and do not require a period for the ink to dry. Press setup tie is virtually eliminated.
Digital printers are:
Books That Sell
Nonfiction comes in a variety of subjects. These could be instructional books, biographies, or motivational books. Some subjects carry more clout with readers than others. Here is a list of constants on bookshelves that normal everyday people have earned decent money by publishing themselves as e-books.
- Cookbooks- Cook books were an "acceptable" self-publishing avenue long before any other genre. Today many self published e-books are actually considered collectibles. Cooking, and unusual recipes are a subject that people trust in. We have all experienced great, gourmet style cooking by simple old housewives, and terrible, flavorless dishes in expensive cook books. People feel comfortable, and trust in old family Italian recipes, and middle eastern dishes that are "finally being open to the public." If you've got a flair for food, you should consider this genre, especially if you can target a special niche, like heart-healthy, diabetic, vegetarian vegan, picky-children, or exotic foreign food. They sell!
- Self-help/ How to- This is a favorite on the nonfiction shelves. People are always looking to improve their power, finances, or self esteem. If you are a Psychologist, social worker, or entrepreneur, you may be able to cut a nice niche in this genre.
- Inspirational/motivational. Forever popular, inspirational and motivational books have the potential to become mega-sellers.
- Regional -This is a genre that is often overlooked. If you live in a big city or a heavily toured area, consider writing a restaurant or attraction guide. Or local history on its major attractions. Often times you will have interesting information on an area that you have lived in for many years that no one else has.
- How to Make Millions, Online, At Home, or In the Office.
At some point in our lives we stop focusing on our jobs and start to wonder how to become a millionaire. A jobs most certainly is not the answer. Real Estate, blogging, working for yourself, and attitude are a few things that should immediately come
- Teach Children How to be Smart with Money
Teach children money and they will have a better chance of happiness in their lives. Many parents are guilty of giving too much to their kids, and therefore not preparing them for the real world. How did George Romney raise Mitt to work hard and be s
- How to Make a Lot of Money on eBay. 10 Good Ways
Make money on eBay now. How to make money with ebay with an ebay store. Then Make money on ebay selling articles that you need to get rid of. The ebay money making opportunities are endless.