- Business and Employment»
- Marketing & Sales
Starting Your Own Internet Business? Some Things The Newbie Should Know.
Things You Need To Know Before You Start
When I started in the Internet marketing business, I thought it was going to be easy. You find a product to promote, make a website about it and people will come in droves to get it. Right? Seems simple enough. What I found out was that it isn't that simple, in fact, it is the most difficult, challenging and rewarding thing I've ever done.
What I would tell the "newbie" as they are called in the business is that you are going to have to take it slow. Unless you have been in the business before, you can't know there are a thousand things you have to learn. So many people are promoting products to help you and so many people are promoting those people to help them it all gets so confusing. You have to take one step at a time and learn the business from the ground up. Otherwise you will not understand the little things that need to be done in order to be successful. So Here are my recommendations:
1. Start small and go slow. Don't try to go into your first website promotion with the intent of making a million dollars. I just doesn't happen. People will tell you that it does but I can tell you with some amount of certainty that it doesn't.
2. Learn everything you can from experienced people. Don't be afraid to put your name or e-mail address on a form to get free information. Some of the best information I've got came from other people trying to promote new products and giving away free information to get you there. It doesn't mean you have to buy their product, but you will get on their e-mail list which could lead to even more great information. And blog baby blog! Get your name out there and talk to people. Hub Pages is only one of thousands of ways to get free information. Use it!
3. Don't spend money on a product unless you know what it does and if it is something you need. Some products will help you to do one type of business but not others. Make sure what kind of promotions you are going to be doing before you buy.
4. I think the most important thing you can do once you have learned about the business and before you spend too much money on products is to write down a business plan. Take everything you know, and put it down on paper. See if you have enough information to lay out a successful blueprint of what you want to accomplish. If not, go back and get the information you need. This will help you see the bigger picture of your promotion as well to see if it will match up to what is currently on the Internet.
5. Another great way to learn the business is to find a program that has a team set up where all of the people who join work together with the common goal of making money. The very best one I have seen on the Internet is GDI or Global Domains International. This company uses a very simple team concept where everyone has the common goal of getting more people to join. The more people who join under you, the more money you make. Very simple. But, as with any online business, there are people who think that every online business is a scam so it is sometimes more difficult than it should be. I can't really blame people for feeling that way but I guess I just wish people would look at this or any offer and before writing it off at least find a reason why it wouldn't work. I can tell you that if you were to join my team, there are some of the best professionals in the business in my upline. They share their best methods of how to make this business work because it only helps them make more money. So if you are interested, please see my website www.jimbatuyong.ws
So that is my take on what you should know before starting an Internet business. I'm sure you will see many more articles on the Internet about this subject and as long as they don't tell you that their product is the only solution to your money making problems you should be okay.
Remember to always be on your toes to protect yourself from people trying to take advantage of you just because you're new to the business. Remember, this business is all about making money and some people have no ethics, so they will bend the truth or flat out lie to make a sale.
That's why I started this website,
The Truth About Internet Marketing
(killed the link due to Hub Pages restrictions)
If you are interested in learning more, message me through my author link.
I wanted to expose the liars of the Internet marketing world and to help guide you through the process of learning how to survive in this business. I also want you to know that there are some people who care about doing things right and that it's not only about making money. The truth about making money through Internet Marketing is that it's really not that difficult. It does, however, take a long time to learn how to do it correctly and to set up your business. To learn more, just visit the website. Thanks and good luck.