Stop Procrastination! It is hurting your Business
Is procrastination keeping you from being successful in your business? Is it keeping you from getting things done in your personal life?
I have always known that I was a procrastinator. They say that the first step is admitting that you are guilty of procrastinating. I know that procrastination has held me back in my business and in my personal life. Working for yourself can be challenging but rewarding when you are doing the activities that you need to be successful.
When you don't have a physical person standing over you telling you what to do every hour on the hour of your day, you tend to put things off to the side. You push them back into the following day, the following week, even into the following month. At some point when you own your own business whatever that business may be, you have to break that habit. There are things in your business that just can not be put off. Daily activities that will move your business forward and take it to the next level is crucial to your business. If you are not getting these tasks done, your business will be at a stand still, you will get frustrated and eventually decide that this business just isn't working for you. That was where i was 3 years ago in my very first MLM. I had to figure out away to get my business activities done even though I had worked hard all day getting activities done for someone else. I had to learn to hold myself accountable.
How to overcome procrastination.
You have to first be honest with yourself. Do you find yourself procrastinating and putting things off? Here are some clues that you may just be procrastinating in your business and in your personal life.
- Do you start your day with low priority tasks instead of the bigger more important ones the ones that you are not really excited about doing?
- Do you leave items on your to do list for long periods of time? Pushing them back from day to day (I know that I do…)
- Do you find yourself sitting down to do your important task and immediately start doing something else like Facebook, social media, twitter or emails? Doing those activities is sucking your valuable time up. PRIORITIZE!!!!
If you're procrastinating because you're disorganized, It is time to Get Organized!
- Keep a list with you. I keep a 6 most important things list with me all the time. A list will keep you from forgetting about the things that you need to get done.
- Get really good at creating a schedule for yourself and sticking to that game plan. It will keep you on task with income producing activities as well as projects that you have planned for your business. This also goes for your personal life as well.
- Make goal poster and vision board with goals that have to be completed in a certain time frame. For instance, say that you want 10 new sign ups in the next 30 days. That is something that you would write on your goal poster. You should look at that every day. There is no room for procrastination.
- Stay Focused On One thing at a time.
- Many procrastinators get stressed out "thinking" about how unpleasant a certain task might be. So try getting it done! You will most likely find that that task is not as bad as you thought!
- In the end make sure that you Reward yourself for doing the task. Like I said before. Its the little things that you do that add up to one big project. Make sure to give yourself a fun little award for getting things done.
Procrastination is something that an entrepreneur needs to get under control. This business is your business and you have to be fully committed to it and all of the tasks that go along with it. Everyday that you are putting off videos, articles, blogs and eBooks..... that is time wasted. This is what is building your brand.
Take the tips that I have given you and take your business to the next level this year. Don't let procrastination keep you from living the life that you want to live. Do what you need to do to beat that dirty habit called procrastination. Time to take your business to the next level.
See you at the Top!
Dream Life Creator