Technology Conference Tips - Current Technology Trends to Discuss in Conferences
What is a Conference?
A conference is a fantastic opportunity to network with people in your industry. In order to be considered a thought leader in the technology field, you should build awareness around the latest trends. With the following credible conferences tips, you can attract attention and ease awkwardness when talking in front of large crowds at a conference.
7 Compelling Conference Topics for People in the Technology Field
- Influential Figures in the Technology Field - Brilliant ideas are a dime a dozen and Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey are just a few technological wizards who have made their mark on the industry. Talk about influential figures and their impact on the technology field to encourage debates and opinions when speaking at a conference.
- Tackling Hacking Threats and Security Breaches - Antivirus, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS) and intrusion detection systems (IDS) are adopted by many organizations, but is there any such thing as hacker-proof? Over 66% of the world's hackers are from America and response must be improved in order to identify threats and reduce cyber risks.
- The Growth of Smartphone and Tablet Adoption - According to In-Stat , in 2015 over 200 million people across the globe are expected to own a smartphone or tablet. More brands are using these devices to attract consumers and by discussing the integration of smartphones and tablets, you can learn about strategies of other males in the technology industry.
- Jumping on the Internet Bandwagon - Ask your contacts why they believe people should be using the Internet. Approximately 32.7% of the world's population are Internet users and the web is a useful tool for social networking, file transfer, marketing and transactions, proving the importance of using Internet technology to your advantage.
- Transformation of the Television - Television content continues to grow and because over 238 million people watch television every day, this is a good conversation starter at a conference. Apps, Wi-Fi and computing experiences are being introduced into 'smart televisions', resulting in better compatibility with other technological gadgets and devices.
- Niche Social Networks - Social networking sites like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook have fast become a part of people's everyday lives. The next 12 months will see a proliferation of niche social networks, allowing users with similar interests to engage better, integrate smartphone applications and use a variety of combined features.
- Gamification in the Workplace - Non-game applications thrive when gamification is introduced, because rewards and game mechanics boost engagement. According to Gartner , 40% of global organizations will utilize gamification to improve business operations in 2015. Ask your contacts how they intend on using it to beguile human instincts.