- Business and Employment»
- Marketing & Sales
The Business of Effectively Promoting Your Product
The act of promoting is the process of spreading the word about your product or service so that consumers are aware of your business. Without the ability to effectively promote your product or brand, you will remain in the valley of the unknowns
Making your brand known again and again is the hallmark of running a successful and progressive organization.
Most start-ups never get off the ground because of their inability to promote their product or service in the geographical area in which they have chosen to open their business. If no one in the area knows about your business, you will not succeed in the marketplace. The survival of a company depends on the popularity it has gained among customers.
Therefore, promoting your product or service is the key to success. Let people know what value they will receive from the purchase of your brand.
There are many channels available for making your brand known to customers.
7 Channels for Promoting Your Brand
- TV Commercial- an expensive approach but very effective in reaching millions of customers, but least likely for small businesses
- Radio-less expensive than TV Commercials, but still may be a bit costly for start-ups, depending on the length of time used to promote your brand
- News Papers– the traditional way of reaching thousands of customers within your area. The Sunday newspaper is probably the best. Because Sunday papers have more advertisements, more people buy them instead of weekly newspapers.
- Billboards-if your business is big enough and your marketing budget is large, and then advertising your brand on billboards is also an effective method, especially for people in your area.
- Social Media Platforms-Facebook, Twitter, Pin Interest and LinkedIn are a few social media platforms on which you can advertise your product or service.
- Website-creating a website and promoting your brand is a way of reaching thousands of customers who are interesting in what you have to offer.
- Word of Mouth– the old fashioned but still effective way to advertise your brand to consumers. Trust can be developed more rapidly through the face to face encounter.
- Door to Door-another old fashioned but somewhat risky approach to advertising, Due to the possibility of being scammed and robbed, people are less likely to appreciate strangers knocking on their door.
Other important factors that play a huge role in promoting your products are timing, pricing, and location.
Choosing the right time to promote your product or service is critical if you want to make a significant profit. Summer, winter, fall, spring, Thanksgiving and Christmas are favorable times when consumers are willing to buy new things. Choosing to launch a product around seasons of change will improve chances for promoting your brand.
Pricing & Discounts
Customers like to a save as much money as they can. Therefore, by offering discounts, two-for one sale, buying points, low or delayed interest, marketers can successfully promote their products or services to people who are budget minded.
No one will come to buy your product or seek your service if you are a hundred miles away or hidden in a secluded city area which hardly any one visits. Some businesses are in dangerous areas of the city where people are afraid to travel enter. Therefore, choosing a location that is safe and convenient will go a long way in happening to promote your brand.
Successful organizations know how to promote their brand. The select the right time and location, then they set the right price. They know the INS and out of their target markets, studying their changing needs and desires on a continuous basis.
Making Your Business Known
Are Your Products or Services Attracting Customers?
© 2017 Stevie Glenn