Your Complete Guide to a Successful Online Marketing Plan
Know Your Brand
- Create a Blog
- RSS Feed
- Profile Links
- Build relationships
Content is King in this new age of social media marketing for the main goal of obtaining natural, high-quality links. First order of business if you have not yet done so is to immedately start creating orginal, informative content with most importantly - captivating headlines to post on your website blog and seprate content to guest post on other websites to get the coveted quality backlinks to increase your page rank and Alexa rank.
Where to start?
Here's a short list of different types of content submission-based sites you can submit your blogs, but make sure you do your diligent research and verify you only submit to those sites with at least a decent page and Alexa ranking. You can verify a website's page rank at Google Page Rank Checker by simply filling in a website's URL. To get a site's Alexa ranking you can actually install an Alexa plugin on your browser by visiting www.alexa.com.
Here are a few types of content submission-based websites you can offer guest posts:
- Article Directories (ezine articles)
- Web 2.0 (for images and videos like Squidoo)
- Press Release Distribution Websites (PR Web)
- Blog Directories (AllTop)
- Content-based Submission for guest posts (Blogger Linkup and Blog Guest)
- Education Content - (great to get links from colleges but only seek out pages that include.edu
This is where our content and link building start to meet...
Ego Bait - After establishing yourself as an expert blogger in your field, you can write content to appeal to people or businesses and they'll in return spread the news like wildfire.
Contrary Hook - By being the fist to publish your opinionated view on a breaking news topic, typically most people will agree with you and you could possibly attract links.
Event Recaps - If you have to sit through another boring conference why not use it to your advantage? Take what you learned to formulate those ideas into a reference for others writing on that topic to use. NOTE: Don't forget to use the conference hashtags so it also gets the attention of the conference's audience.
- Lists - The company, Use Water Wisely, attracted more than 1,900 links and 400 plus root domains creating a list on 100 Ways to Conserve Water.
Types of High Ranking Content
Types of High Ranking Content include:
- Writing Testimonial - HUGE right now! Just by providing a product testimonial for any product you've used,to sites like Startlogic, you'll get a link in exchange. Startlogic has a page authority of 82/100.
- Create Controversy - Kris Roadruk used this approach in the article titled, "White Hat SEO Is a Joke," and attracted 800 plus links and 140 plus root domains.
- How To's and Tutorials - Another writer used this approach by creating a tutorial on the benefits of RSS Feeds and attracted more than 8,000 links and 600 root domains.
- Quizzes/Tests - Another successful example of the use of this strategy resulted in 600 links and 500 root domains in response to a politics test in 2008 on whether Americans would be judgemental during an election year.
- Entering/Submitting Contests or Giveaways - these are a great way to either win cash or even better attract high quality links
The Science of Social Media Timing
Best time to tweet - 5 p.m.
Best time to post - noon
Consumers more likely to respond to promotional emails right after work between 7-10 p.m.
Blogs attract the most readership in the morning
Tweet 3-4 times per day
Post .5 times per day
Consumers in the morning between 6-10 a.m. are are more prone to open promotional emails as a distraction
Daytime - blogs receive more visitors, comments, and engagement
Tweet during Midweek & Weekends
Best day to share - Saturday
A dramatic rise in consumers opening promotional emails is between 5-7 p.m.
Nightime - blogs are more prominent and easier front page prominence
Timing is Everything
Top 9 Social Media Platforms every Business should be utilizing
- Twitter (140 million active users) - If you have a Twitter account you instantly get 15 easy links. A few of those include, Klout, Twitter Grader, and Twellow. For the full list click the following link - http://seogadget.com/use-your-twitter-profile-for-link-building/
- Take into serious consideration when choosing your Twitter name since people will "mention" by typing @yourcompanyname.
- Whether DIY or you choose a professional, uniform your Twitter background with your website brand.r
- Create a Facebook Page (995 million active users) (NOT PROFILE) - claim your facebook URL like http://facebook.com/yourcompanyname.
- YouTube (490 million active users) - Use to host videos you embed on your website. Then, create a YouTube channel to reach your niche community.
- Google + (170 million active users) - here you can segment your content and host video based hangouts to communicate with customers or whoever else you would like to.
- Instagram (80 million active users) - Its been proven that using photos from a site like Instagram and posting on Facebook and your blogs grabs more attention. Tip: Make a daily effort to post at least one compelling image per day through your social media platforms.
- Tumblr (50 million active users) - Known for its ease of sharing content on its business blog platform. Top Tip: Use Tumblr to reinforce your business brand and add stylistic touches.
- Four Square (20 million active users) - Here, businesses create online profiles to promote their physical location. Users will stamp their presence when they "check in" at your location.
- Social Bookmarking - Obtain some link equity by registering on social sites like Pinterest and these http://weblogs.about.com/od/marketingablog/tp/TopSocialBookmarkingSites.htm
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Keyword Research -Use keyword research tools like Google Adwords, Wordtracker or Bing to figure out what key phrases attract the most relevant traffic to your website.
- Create keyword rich title tags and H1 headings - The most basic and powerful SEO you can do is simply place the top key phrases you have selected from your keyword analysis and place them in the title tags and H1 heading tags of your webpages. Top Tip: DO NOT REPEAT KEYWORDS ON MULTIPLE WEBPAGES. This will cause keyword cannibalization and ruin your SEO efforts.
- Remember to keep using those images and videos - Images are really important for SEO. If you have videos, be sure to upload them to a branded Youtube channel and think about the title of your videos. They are important keywords for search as well.
Blog Editorial Calendar
Create an Editorial Calendar
- Prepare a list of topics to publish at least 3 months in advance of expected publication - It's important to give this process a great deal of thought and time to think about the type of content that will attract the audience you are trying to market.
- Designations - determine who will be responsible for the content creation, editing (also here consider the time factor), and due date.
- Schedule your posts - A free open software, Wordpress, is a great tool to post your content since it includes numerous beneficial features for SEO and has a sleek format design.
What online marketing strategies have you found successful?
Yes, even more!
Here are just a few more can creative things you can create that webmasters can embed on their website, and of course you'll also get a link:
- Icon Sets (ODesk)
- Wordpress themes
- Drupal themes
Social Media Stats
Determining the Best Online Marketing Strategy
With so many online marketing strategies to choose from you may wonder how to determine which will work best for your needs. This is where Google Analytics Advanced Segments comes into play.
With Google Analytics Advanced Segments you can create you can create different segmented groups of referral traffic - from social media, article marketing, link building, direct local search, guest posts, ect. With Google Analytics I can also view demographics, conversions and top content for each group of referral traffic.