10 reasons why people choose to work from home.
There is no doubt about it: Working from home takes skills.
Do you work from home? If so, why did you decide to do it?
Today, the majority of people that work from home do it striclty part-time. Most people choose to work from home because they realize that they love the work, or they simply need the extra cash for expenses. I started working from home because One: I needed to, and Two: I wanted to do something in my spare time.
Working from home did not come easily for me. I not only had to get past a few roadblocks throughout the very start, but I also had to find the balance between being a freelance writer, and a new mom.
Top ten reasons people choose to work from home.
- The economy. When the recession hit, a lot of people were left without a job, and struggling to make ends meet. I should know, I was there. I had a job, but because of all the cut backs, and money issues my family had, I was left making a lot of sacrifices. Freelancing made me see just how many other Venues of making money there are. There is writing on Content mills, working for private clients, Blogging, and so on. To be honest, I started to make more a month writing from home, than I was working my second job full-time.
- People Need extra cash. Who here would not like to make more money for the month? I know I do! Writing has given me the power to work as much as I need, publish as much as I want, and making sure I make the money that I want every month. Most people do not believe that they can write for a living. So, they do not. If you want to make money by writing, then my best, and only piece of advice is to just start writing, and learn how to promote your work! Most writers find GOLD with a single article, or selling one book!
- Tired of Job hunting. Freelancers are constantly looking for jobs, but I do think that chances are greater for freelancers to LAND A GIG than it is for others looking for a job outside the house.
- They need Fast cash. If you take freelancing seriously, and you work everyday, it is possible for you to make a good amount of money working from home every month. I know several freelancers that have only been working for a few months, and have already surpassed my earnings THIS month. Its possible to earn money fast, but you HAVE TO take this work seriously!
- People want to be their own boss. When you work from home, you become your own boss. This means, that you make your own rules, and you do not have anyone but you, to answer to. Many people that start their own freelance business do so because they want to start their own business and be their own boss. This can be very appealing to individuals who are tired of dealing with other people, or their boss, and want to do more with their lives.
- They want to invest in their future. Sure, having a good job can mean a steady paycheck. This is why people want to find a job. However, those that choose to work from home know that even when they stop working, they can STILL make money! One of the many pros of being a freelancer, is knowing that even when you sleep, you can still make money from your blog, your articles, AND websites. This is true. Freelancers want to INVEST in their futures, and make sure they receive residual income.
- They want their own business. Today, more businesses are being built by every day people that want to create their own brand. Both men and women are taking the chance to create, and build their own business to give someone else a chance to work. Creating a business takes time, but if the person is really dedicated to their dream, it can also have a lot of great effects.
- They want to work their own hours.. When working from home, individuals can make their own hours, and work as much as they want. Taking into consideration that in order to make ANY money you have to work a good amount of time, any person can work the hours that they can.
- They want to spend more time with their families. This is a pretty standard reason why so many individuals will at one point try to work from home. 2 out of 5 people will actually achieve their dream, build their business, and work from home full-time.
- More freedom, and more choices. One reason why so many writers take that next big step, and decide to make their home business, a full-time business is because they get a chance to see what else is available for them. Working from home can open up a world of possibilities to any person that continuously works to promote their name. Writers have more options to choose from when it comes to job offer, pay and much more..
Just from this list, I realized why I choose to work from home!