Tips For a Successful Small Business
Tips To Success
This is just a short list of ways to improve your business. There are many other ways to grow your company. Check with other people in your industry and try to emulate the areas where they have the most success.
1. Business Cards: You can never go wrong with business cards. They are an inexpensive but, also a very easy way to advertise. These can be priceless in getting your exciting new business out and in public eye. Cards are always useful in business. Put them everywhere including: gas stations, restaurants and on any bulletin board. Also, give your business cards to everyone you come in contact with and especially your friends and family.
2. Business Flyers: Put flyers on car windshields by the hundreds and the calls will come. Be careful where you put flyers because some businesses frown upon flyers being put on customers vehicles. Some people don't want a flyer on their car either. They do not want you around their car because, they think that you are up to something else.
3. Car Magnets: You become a rolling advertisement on wheels with this MUST have sales tactic. Put one on each side of the automobile and another on the back of the truck or car. If you are surrounded by cars that is a potential of at least three advertisements going through the other drivers' minds at the same time. They are processing your name's store in traffic. They may even jot the name or number down. If you have a catchy website name then, they could just remember it.
4. Business Clothing: Having hats, shirts and hoodies to advertise your business and phone number are also great ways to become a walking advertisement. It can get costly doing this idea so, do some shopping around and buy cheaper items but, quality and try to buy them in bulk. An inexpensive, good advertisement is getting shirts done.
5. Yellow Pages: The phone book may not be around any more but, if it is then, this is a great way to advertise your small business to the masses. You can take out quarter page, half page or full page adds. Now, the book advertising has gone viral and is all on-line. Information central at the click of a button.
6. Craigslist: Advertise your business on the internet and it is free on many sites including Craigslist. This is a great way to get your company name out there in your local area.
7. eBay: Using this internet site allows you to reach a wide potential customer base. Not just nationally but, internationally. Learn all you can about eBay and the fees that are associated with this site.
8. American Classifieds: Placing your ads in the newspapers may be old fashioned but, it still brings in customers. Now everything is transitioning to on-line adds but, it is still the same idea.
9. Signs from Vistaprint: These signs are about twelve dollars each but, they are made of thick plastic and will withstand weather wear for more than a year. When you can place 4 or 5 in a certain city by nailing them to trees and posts.
10.Grassroots: It's always good to talk to employees and customers and find out ways to improve your business. Word of mouth with your friends and family could be a great help as well.
11: Mailers: Mailing flyers, cards and other merchandise is a great way to get your company name out there. The quicker it gets out there, the quicker the calls will come.
12. Word of Mouth: I heard a business owner say that "The greatest form of flattery is referrals." Not to mention if your service and prices are bad then that customer will tell other people and in the long run this hurts sales tremendously.
13. Offer Discounts: Having discounts and coupons for old or potential customers is a great way to boost your business. If you try this you will have lots of happy customers and plenty of repeat business to say the least.
14. Address Labels and Stickers: On all mail outs use address labels for advertisement and professionalism. Also, Give stickers to your customers for a constant reminder to your clients that you are there.
15. Find or Earn Investment Capital: Whether you wash cars, cut grass or sell BBQ on the side of the road, it is important to put cash into your business in the beginning stages of the business.
* Please share any ideas you have about operating a small business by leaving your thoughts in the comments capsule located at the bottom of this hub.
Which is The Best?
Which is The Best Advertisement Method?
A Look At Business Cards
- How To Sell Items Using Craigslist
This article demonstrates how to use Craigslist to sell your items. Make sure to describe in full detail the merchandise that is being sold. Pictures, you tube video clips, polls and commentary are featured in this hub as well.
- How to Turn a Passion into a Successful Profession
This article documents how to turn your dreams into reality by setting goals and working towards accomplishing them. Pictures, you tube clips, polls and commentary are also listed in this hub.
- Ways To Remember Important Events
This article documents different ways to remember events or appointments. Post It Notes on the bathroom mirror, a note by your keys and setting an alarm on your phone or email are desribed in detail in this hub. Pictures, maps, polls, you tube videoe
- Ebay Can Be a Money Maker
This hub describes how you can use EBay as a means to make money. Selling household items is a great way to get started. You tube videos, pictures, polls and commentary are listed in this article as well as other facts and information about selling o
- How to Advertise in an Economic Recession
This hub describes some of the ways you can advertise during a money crunch. Sending e mails and advertising on free online sites are ideas to save cash. Pictures, polls, video clips and commentary are listed in this article as well as other ways to
- How to Get Men to Take You Seriously
This hub documents the problems many women face in the workplace. The way a woman dresses and carries herself has a lot to do with how they are treated. You tube clips, pictures, polls and commentary are listed in this article as well.
- Pros and Cons of Running A Business
One of the pros about running your own business is that you get to be your own boss and set your own hours. A con is that you incur a lot of expenses when owning your own business.
Treat Employees Like Partners
Keep your associates happy and also make them feel important. At the same time correct their mistakes but make sure and teach them how to do a better job in the future. It's important to correct mistakes made by employees but at the same time its equally important to heap praise on a worker for a job well done. It will do wonders for their quality of work but at the same time it will make you feel good about yourself on the inside as well.
© 2012 Buster Johnson