Tips for Work at Home Mother to Avoid Burnout
The opportunity of working from home is considered a blessing for mothers. It is the best opportunity to give enough time to your little ones and earn some money to pay the bills as well. However, just because you work at home doesn't mean you are free from the stress and risk of burnout that you would find when working in an office environment or at a workplace.
Working at home also has its share of stress that if not managed properly could lead to burnout, or at the minimum a nasty disposition or temper. Here are a few tips peculiar to working out of your home that could help reduce or manage stress and steer you away from getting burned out:
1. Never overburden yourself with work, although money matters, family comes first. A happy family is not possible without a happy mother. Remember, one of the primary reasons why you have decided to work out of your home is so you could be close to your family.
2. It is good to make yourself a timetable to balance both work and family, but remember that missing your own deadline is not always a big issue. Don’t panic if you deviate from your time table once in a while.
3. Fix one or two days in a week for household work such as doing grocery or shopping for necessary items. There should be no other day in the week when you will have to go for dry cleaner or any other minor thing. Since you are working out of your house and more or less control your own schedule, it is easy to get tempted to reschedule errands, your work or household chores to another day.
4. Don’t forget the other main reason you choose to work from home is to spend time with your kids. Play with them, have small picnics. Factor this within the day. since you are working from home, you are not clocking on a strict 9 to 5 basis, you have flexibility. Squeeze in some time with the kids for an hour or two at various times within the day. Don’t miss the laugh of your child, at the end of the it is all that matters
5. Not only your child, your spouse also matters a lot. Don’t let romance fade away from your life, try to have some time together, go out for dinner, if not every week, at least every fortnight
6. No matter how hard it is to balance between work and home, spending time with friends is also very important. Friends help broaden your outlook and provide you with fresh perspectives.
7. Exercising is essential, it is helpful in maintaining your health and also acts as stress therapy. Join a gym, or take time to go for a walk every day.
8.Don't over-extend yourself. Those who are running their own business should not keep on starting new ventures unless one of them is mature enough to move on its own.
Try a few of these ideas and see what difference they will bring in your life, especially in terms of helping reduce stress and avoiding burnout.