- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Tips on Finding a Job
Tips on finding a job
I have been looking for a good job for about 2 years now. It's hard in today's economy to find anything that is long term. It seems there is no such thing as a permanent position nowadays. However, if you are in my position, you need one to survive, so you take jobs sometimes that you know may only last a few months just to put some cash in your wallet.
I have added a few links that may help in your job search online. I am also going to give you a few resume tips and interview tips to help you on your way.
- Have a good resume: When you write up a resume make sure to have a good thesaurus by your side. Never repeat the same word if you don't have to. Also there are many resume builders online available for you to use.
- Always prepare for your interview: If they have a website look it up and learn all you can about the company. Bring a hard copy of your resume with you. Never chew gum or wear strong perfume, this is a major turn off. Also, never tell them the negative things about you. If asked what you consider a negative about yourself is, turn it into a positive. Ex: I am really extreme about being on time. It drives me crazy to be late.
- Send a thank you note: After having a good interview or even a bad one, send a thank you note. You won't believe how easily this gets you noticed and keeps you on the mind of the hiring manager.
- Ask questions: Don't be afraid to ask about your job, the person who worked in the position before you, etc. It shows interest.
These are just a few tips I have included. The more you know, the better off you are.
- Jobs.com: Search Job Opportunities. Find Local Job Openings & Listings
Start your job search at Jobs.com. Find jobs that are close to home. Search job opportunities in your field. Jobs.com makes your employment search easy.
- Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com
Click here to find millions of jobs from thousands of company web sites, job boards and newspapers. one search. all jobs. Indeed.
- Job Search Made Simple | Simply Hired
Search millions of job listings from across the web. Find local jobs, salary comparisons, and employment trends at Simply Hired. New jobs added daily.
- Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling. | Monster.com
Find the job that's right for you. Use Monster's resources to create a killer resume, search for jobs, prepare for interviews, and launch your career.
- Jobs & Job Search Advice, Employment & Careers | Careerbuilder.com
Looking for a new job? Get advice or search over 1.6 million jobs on the largest job site, set alerts to be first in line and have new jobs emailed to you.