- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches»
- Local Job Searches
Top 10 Best High Demand Jobs in Franklin NJ - Farm and City Attractions
Best Places to Live In America
CNNMoney Magazine online recognizes Franklin, New Jersey as the #34 Best Place to Live in America out of 100 Best Cities chosen in 2010. Part of the draw to Franklin is that it offers city and rural elements of living, including working farms. All of this is located just about an hour northeast of NYC as well.
One unusual characteristic of Franklin is that the area in and around the city (a Borough, officially) contains at least 260 different minerals, 50 of them flourescent. Many are found nowhere else on Earth. Although all the mineral mines are now closed, one in nearby Ogdensburg was converted into a mining and mineral museum as a historical and tourist attraction.
Franklin was once known as Franklin Furnace, named after Benjamin Franklin, and the mineral Franklinite is found in the area. The town and Borough grew up originally to house miners moving into the area to work in the late 1800s and early 1900s, but agricultural played an important part in the economy as well.
Interested in MTV's Jersey Shore?
- Top 10 Best Hot Jobs on the Jersey Shore
The notoriety of MTV's Jersey Shore and the appearances of some of this reality show's characters on other shows and in TV Commercials raises interest. The general interest of a large group of Americans in the...
New Jersey Farmland Preservation Program
Franklin area farmlands come under a sustainability initiative that is operated by the State of New Jersey. The Farmland Preservation Program helps by offering grant funding to New Jersey counties, municipalities and nonprofit organizations. Thsi money is to be used to purchase development easements of farmland, to buy farms and development easements from farm landowners, and to offers money to landowners to cover 50% of the cost of soil and water conservation projects. See the link below:
New Jersey Mine Tours
- Black Bear Golf Course
- Backwards Tunnel - also called the Ogdensburg Railroad Arch. It is a short side-by-side double arch tunnel, with Cork Hill Road running through one arch and the Wallkill River running through the other. A rail line used to run across the top of the tunnel.
- Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area
Franklin Mineral Museum Inc - 32 Evans St., Franklin NJ. This museum features a Flourescent Room in which many types of shining minerals can be veiwed by guests. Historical tour includes information on the zinc industry of the mid-1800s.
- High Point State Park - Open all year long and features New Jersey's highest Mlountain, High Point.
- Longo Planetarium
- Sterling Hill Mining Museum - 30 Plant St., Ogdensburg NJ. This is a large, exciting Indoor and Outdoor facility that includes an astronomical observatory as well as several mining and historical exhibits, tours, fossils, flourescent room, and educational programs. The museum is active in community events and clubs for mineralogy, geology, and astronomy. See th elink at Bed and Breakfasts, below.
- Old Schoolhouse and Fire Station Museum - also in Ogdensburg.
- Walkill Country Club
Bed and Breakfasts - Visit this link.
Franklin NJ Area On the Map
New Jersey Mines
Sussex County offers some public bus tranporation and Paratransit during daytime work hours M-F throughout a county loop at affordable rates of $0.50 a ride for non-Paratransit riders. The nearest passenger trains and light rail are available in Newark NJ. However, a bus is available between a point 5 miles southeast of the center of Franklin and New York City, taking from 1 to 2 hours transit, depending on the number of tranfers needed and time of day (check Google map and directions).
Nearby Metro Areas
- Top 10 Jobs in Newton Massachusetts - Best Places to...
Chestnut Hill Water Works in Newton. Chestnut Hill Reservoir Historic District runs between Beacon Street and Commonwealth Avenue in nearby Boston, immediately east of Boston College Main Campus Historic...
- Top 10 Jobs in Newark New Jersey
Newark, New Jersey is home to nearly 300,000 individuals and is listed bu economy experts as one of the best 25 large cities in the United States for both employment and business success.
- Top 15 Hot Jobs in Warren NJ
Warren Township is the 6th best Place to Live in America, according to Money Magazine in 2009. It is a suburb not only...
- Top 10 Jobs in Southern New Jersey
- Top 10 High Demand Jobs in Waltham MA to 2030
Waltham, Massachusetts is ranked as America's Number 28 Best City out of 100 top cities to make your home. Ratings were published by Money Magazine online in 2010. A few miles south of Waltham is Newton...
- Top 15 High Demand Jobs in Brookline, Home of Medica...
Berklee College of Music is the largest independent college of contemporary music in the world, located just northeast of the Brookline suburb in Boston. Berklee sent its acapella champions Pitch Slapped to...
- How to Find a Job in the City - New York City
You may have your rent paid for up to one year if you choose one of the options listed here! This page provides useful and effective guidelines that work to put you in the middle of the Big Apple with a good job.
- Top 10 Jobs in Bridgeport Connecticut
The effective revitalization of Bridgeport and high-paying employment in Healthcare, Finance, Insurance, Education, and Green Jobs, along with effective anti-crime programs and an expansive arts and cultural component, make this city highly attractiv
Cartooning In New Jersey
Colleges and Universities
- County College of Morris
- Dover Business College - A Step Ahead
Nationally-accredited private college with a 50-year history of teaching excellence and successfully preparing students for careers in healthcare, business, and information technology, with campuses in Clifton, NJ and Dover, NJ.
The online headquarters for the World of Cartooning correspondence course, Joe Kubert School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, and Joe Kubert Art Supply Store.
- Morris County Vocational
- College-Level Education and Instruction - Sterling Hill Mining Museum
Universities introducing students to concepts of geology, ore deposit formation, mineralogy, industrial process technology through field trips, lectures
- Sussex County Community College - Home
Employment Outlook and Jobs Listings Available
Franklin NJ enjoys access to 30,700+ jobs in December 2010, largely in the Healthcare Industry, Grocery Industry, and the Information Technology (IT) Industry. Franklin is in Sussex County NJ, which lost a considerable number of jobs during the latest Recession, especially in 2009. However, job listings increased during Spring 2010 and, although they declined in the summer, rose again during 4th Qtr. Part of any 4th Qtr rise in job listings can usually be attributed to seasonal increases in the Retail and Tourism business sectors.
Marked Increase in Jobs 2011 - 2013
Top 10 Hot Jobs
- Business Analysts
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Java Developers (software)
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Project Managers
- Shift Supervisors
- Software Application Engineers
- Sales Representative
Additional High Demand Jobs
- Financial Analysts
- Insurance Agents
- Outside Sales Representatives
- Grocery Clerks
- Store Detectives
- NYPD Police Cadets
Companies Listing the Most Jobs
- A & P Supermarkets
- Medical Connections
- Saint Barnabas Health Care System
- Genesis Healthcare
- Engineering Resource Group
- Sunrise Systems
- Beyondtek IT
- Bayada Nurses
- Valley National Bank
- Critical Connection
- CIT Group
- Atlantic Health
- The Great Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company - Montvale NJ
Since 1859, The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company Inc. (A&P) has fulfilled the shopping needs of families throughout North America with freshness, quality, variety and value.
Forecast for Fastest Growing Jobs through 2016
For Sussex County New Jersey
- Outdoor Power Equipment Operators - 200% growth (these jobs will quadruple by 2016)
- Water Transportation personnel
- Captains and Crews of sea-going vessels
- Social Services jobs
- Personal Care/Home Health Aides and similar
- Managers - Natural sciences
- Software Engineers (IT)
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts (IT)
- Physician Assistants
- Cargo and Freight Agents - includes land, air, and sea; in this case, predominantly sea.
Healthcare Occupations and Food Service Jobs are also expected to add large numbers of new job openings to 2016. This is in addition to usual employment turnover figures.