Nashville - America's Smartest Cities Are Job Strong
Creative Working Boom!
Greater Nashville, Tennessee is the only state or like-size metro area besides California and Texas in the Top Five Places For Jobs list after the Great Recession of 2009 - 2010. The arts community has boomed here, leading to even more artists moving the Nashville. This has affected Tourism by drawing more visitors. Other industries are expanding as well.
The long-time Country Music stronghold of Nashville, Tennessee is also one of the 25 Smartest Cities in America, according to Money Magazine. A substantial proportion of its residents hold a Bachelor's Degree or higher level of educational attainment.
Located along the Cumberland River, Music City Nashville is the County Seat of Davidson Coutny and the capital of Tennessee. Its leading industries in the 2000s are Healthcare, Sales, Music, and Publishing.
Nashville is combined with its county to make a city-county government and the Greater Nashville Area is home to over a million and half people.
Amazon.com Builds New Facilities Near Nashville
Nashville is famous for its music and its Printers Alley. In 2011 - 2012, Amazon.com built another 500,000 square-foot warehousing and processing facility just outside of Nashville in the suburb of Lebanon, Tennessee. This is provided the Greater Nashville Area with over 1,000 new jobs.
Tennessee has been good for the growing online book and other media seller, Amazon.com. The latest property brings total square footage for the bookseller in Tennessee to 2,000,000 ft2 with the completion of two more sites in Chattanooga and Cleveland, Tennessee in 2011.
Shop for careers at http://amazon.com/careers
Greater Nashville Area
Read reviews of the Top 10 Places to visit while traveling in Tennessee, below. Many are in the City of Nashville.
- Visit Or Relocate To Belle Meade TN: Richest Places ...
Bealle Meade Plantation, National Register of Historic Places
- Top 5 Best Job Markets in Tennessee
talented Hubber in our community, > Army Infantry Mom
Grand Ole Opry
In 2015, Ryman Auditorium began a new, $14,000,000 reconstruction project.
Additional Things to Do and See
- Cheekwood Gardens
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- Grassmerre -- Welcome to the Nashville Zoo!
- Grand Ole Opry : Home
Welcome to opry.com, the official website of the Grand Ole Opry. Site includes news about your favorite country music stars, contests, official merchandise, Opry ticket and travel information, and much more!
- The Hermitage - Home of President Andrew Jackson
- Nashville.gov - Parks and Recreation, Parthenon
The Parthenon stands proudly as the centerpiece of Centennial Park, Nashville's premier urban park. The re-creation of the 42-foot statue Athena is the focus of the Parthenon just as it was in ancient Greece. The building and the Athena statue are bo
Ryman Auditorium History
I visited this historic American music site in 1974 and will never forget the music I heard and the performers I enjoyed there as a youth - especially "Ghost Riders In the Sky." People who do not love country music like this place as well - I did!
Around the Nashville ParthenonClick thumbnail to view full-size
Fine Arts and Performing In Nashville are Booming!
- Nashville's Music & Art Blog
Music and Art United
- Binglish Artist Portfolio - Music and Art in Nashville
Artist Statement I would describe my work as playful and peaceful; my intention is to pass those feelings on to the viewer. My greatest inspiration comes from m
"Today" by Beth Inglish
Live Painting at the Nashville Opera
Dramatic Increase in Jobs Since 2010
Top 15 Hot Job Openings - Largest Numbers
- Truck Drivers
- Registered Nurses (RNs) - Several specialties, with Women's Health Nurse increasing in positions. Travel Nursing is also increasing to this metro area, with added perks and higher salaries.
- Information Technology Engineers
- Sales Representatives
- Manufacturing and Production
- Media and Entertainment Jobs - Art galleries, art schools, companies that need graphic design experts, and more. Internships at Sony Music.
- Store Managers and Assistants
- Physicians and Public Health Officers
- Aerospace Engineers and Technicians. Several companies and the National Guard and Air National Guard.
- Physical Therapists and Assistants
- Business Analysts
- Account Executives - Financial Products
Nursing Jobs Expand Quickly In Nashville Metro
- Nursing Careers Increase - Travel, Robotics, Space Medicine - 1.2 Millions Jobs
Nothing is limiting the growth of the human population, even disaster, illness, and abortion, so population numbers are set to increase and the openings for healthcare providers needed with them.
- Retirement of 34 - 40% of RNs Increases Outlook For US Nursing Jobs to 2020
As the US population ages, so do the professionals in Healthcare Services. A large number of nurses are retiring before 2020, leaving shortages in RN/LPNstaff and professors to train new nurses.
- Travel Nursing
The Travel Nurse is an answer to America's continuing nurse shortage and one of the most lucrative health care professions in terms of higher pay, greater numbers of benefits, and less stress.
Top 10 Projected Increasing Job Titles to 2018
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Truck Drivers - Heavy trucks, semis; require CDL.
- General Office Clerks
- Executive Secretaries - includes Administrative Assistants
- Frontline Managers and Supervisors in Offices/Admin areas
- Maitenance/Repair Jobs
- Sales Representatives
- Receptionists and related
- Billing and Accounting Clerks
- Law Enforcement Officers
Bold print indicates high demand jobs already appearing as high demand in job postings 2012 - 2015.
Top Job Posting Companies
- Marriott International - Resorts and hotels.
- Trucking Companies - Hogan, CRST, USA Truck and more.
- Vanderbilt University
- Riverside Community Hospital
- Pizza Hut , Taco Bell, and Sonic Drive-Ins
- Swedish Medical Center
- Nashville Public Schools
- Central Payment - Credit Card services.
- HCA Healthcare
- St. Thomas Hospitals (at least three hospitals)
- US Army Medical Corps and National Guard
Healthcare - Number One Nashville Industry
Nashville TN boasts 275 healthcare organizations. This includes one very major player in the Hospital Corporation of America. HCA is the biggest private-sector hospital and clinic business globally, employing over 183,000 people. All, from the beginnings in one hospital in the early 1960s, makes Nashville a healthcare hotspot. HCA operates in 20 US States and England.
Despite a national recession in 2009 - 2009, Hospital Corporation of America realized an increase in earnings during the 3rd Qtr of 2009, according to company fact sheets and press releases. Revenues increased half a billion dollars over the same period in 2008.
- Baptist Hospital
- Centennial Medical Center
- Hendersonville Hospital
- Kindred Hospital
- Nashville General Hospital
- Nashville VA Hospital
- St Thomas Hospital
- Select Speciality Hospital
- Skyline Medical Center
- Southern Hills Medical Center
- Swedish Health Center
- Tri Star Health System
- Vanderbilt: Hospital
- Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital
Increase in HCA Jobs in Nashville
The number of job listings originating from Health Corporation of America in the USA increased 250% from 2005 - 2009. This was a major contributor to the increased earnings shown by HCA by 3rd QTR 2009, continuing to increase significantly through 2011. A new increase in job postings begin in 2015.
Increases in Jobs for HCA Healthcare
Nashville-Davidson Stimulus Jobs and New Developments
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) helped the Nashville-Davidson market with $35,000,000 in 2009 for education, infrastructure, safety, social services, and employment. By year end, another $75,000,000 in ARRA grant funds were in application and approval processes to further develop infrastructure, safety, and social services in order to handle new business and residential growth spurred by business and higher education in Nashville.
Government sponsored employment offices are available in each county in Tennessee. In Davidson County and Nashville, the employment programming comes under the auspices of the Middle Tennessee OneStop Career Center.
This entity serves both businesses and employment seekers through programs that provide Employment and Training (including classroom education, on-the-job training and others), Job Placement, Career Planning, and related services.
The large OneStop centers are particularly useful, because they offer job seekers free use of telephones, fax machines copies, and Internet stations for contacting interviewers and performing job research. See:
- Middle Tennessee OneStop Center Center: 2200 Rosa L. Parks Blvd; Nashville TN 37228
- Nashville South Office: 3763 Nolensville Road; Nashville TN 37211. Phone: 615-741-3556; Fax: 615-532-2773. This office servces US Veterans.
- Acquinas College: (615) 297-7545
- American Baptist College: (615) 256-1463
- Belmont University
- Bethel College: (615) 329-9391
- DeVry University: (615) 445-3456
- Draughons Junior College: (615) 361-7555
- Emmanuel Bible College: (615) 255-8963
- Fisk University: (615) 329-8500
- Free Will Baptist Bible College: (615) 777-1310
- International Academy of Design and Technology (IADT): (888) 362-2111
- ITT Technical Institute: (615) 889-8700
- Hghi-Tech Institute: (615) 232-3700
- John A Gupton College
- Laplan Career Institute: (800) 336-4457
- Lipscomb University
- Meharry Medical College
- Nashville Auto-Diesel College
- Nashville State Community College
- National College of Business and Technology: (615) 333-3344
- Remington College: (615) 239-1450
- Tennessee State University
- Trevecca Nazarene University
- University of Phoenix, Nashville: (615) 872-0188
- Vanderbilt University
- Volunteer State Community College: (615) 885-8910
- Watkins College of Art and Design: (615) 383-4848
Tennessee State University
Nashville Storm NAFL Promo
© 2009 Patty Inglish MS