Top Sites to Ping Your Site For Free
What is SEO
I am sure you have all heard of SEO, but many may not know what it means. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and improving your SEO will improve where you rank with the search engines.
To rank higher with the search engines you may need to make changes to your site that make it easy for the search engines to understand what your content is all about. You also want to get more links from other websites. The more links you have the higher you will rank.
Although SEO can be hard to understand for some, it is an important part of working online and where you show up in searches. You can get some wonderful information about how to do this over at Web Holism. They go into detail about what SEO is and how to implement it on your site.
One of the things you should do to drive more traffic is to ping your URL's to make sure there are no broken links and that everything is running smoothly.
Where to Ping for Free
There are many services on the web that will ping your site for free. All you do is enter your URL.
Here is a list of some them:
- Pingler You can ping for free or join as a member and enter your website for a minimal fee.
- Ping-O-Matic This one submits your site to different search engines for free.
- PingMyLinks Another free site for Pings
- Feed Shark A free online tool that promotes your blog or website. Feed Shark pings a variety of services to notify everyone that your blog, website, RSS feed, or podcast is up and running.
- Ping Bomb
- Google Ping Google gives you a list of services they ping to and you pick and choose which ones you want them to contact.
- Ping That Blog Gives you the option of languages to ping, and then gives you a list they ping to and what country they are located in.
- Blog Buzzer is kind of different because they not only ping but if they like a site will also tweet it.
- Back Link Ping This one requires a download but then you have many options for lots of different kinds of SEO
- Ping.in is a blog service and pings to blog directories and search engines which will index your blog faster.
Pinging What it Means and How it Helps You
So what is pinging you ask? And how can it help you? Well, ping is a tool to test if a particular site is connected correctly and is reachable. It is a test that checks if your computer is connected to a server. The name Ping comes from the echo location of a submarine, which sends a data packet to a server and if it receives a data packet back, then you have a good connection a test for your site and see how long it takes to get from one place to another. A ping also lets you know if the connectivity of your site is good.
When should you run a ping test? You use it to see if you have any connection problems. You ping to detect any problems on your site and see where the trouble is coming from. You get a report after pinging a site to let you know if it's OK or not.
If there are problems on the site you need to know as this may be a reason you are not getting the traffic you want there.
If things are running the way they are supposed to this helps with ranking higher in the search engines because you know they can find you.
So there you have it a list of free services for your blog or website. There are hundreds of them out there and if you don't like my list do a search of your own. Try it and see if it brings you more traffic.
You can also pay for SEO on your site if you don't want to be bothered or don't have the time to do it yourself. I do believe it is worth the effort no matter which avenue you choose.
© 2017 Linda L Paquette