- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs
Top Websites Providing Proofreading Jobs For Proofreaders
Top Websites Providing Proofreading Job for Proofreaders. (Including Steps You Can Use to Make Cheap Money Through Proofreading.)
Due to the increment in the level of internet use in today’s world, many jobs are now outsourced. One the various jobs that falls into this category are proofreading jobs. Many people write articles today and some of them need people to help them go through it in order to check for the correctness of the article.
Proofreading is a process of checking an article for grammatical accuracy and typographical errors. Proofreaders are expected to be precise and consistent because they occupy the last stage of typographical production before publication. This article attempts to itemise some websites that employ proofreaders and also mention the steps you can use to make money through proofreading.
- www.freelancer.com: This website is owned by a US company. It is a website where people outsource their works, after which people can now bid for the works. This means that people can outsource works or undertake works on website. If you are consistent and accurate you can easily build your reputation as an expert proofreader and this will make you win more bids with time. It is important to make sure that you bid very low when just starting your proofreading career. This will make it easy for you to get work and thus building your reputation. Both U.S. and non U.S. citizens can work on freelancer.com. It is free to register with them.
- oDesk Corporation: this a company based in the U.S. Its method of operation is also similar to that of freelancer. They outsource works so that individuals like you and I can make money. They provide a range of jobs including proofreading jobs. As a starter, you are expected to bid low in order to win jobs and build a strong reputation. Both U.S. and non U.S. citizens can work for oDesk Corporation. It is free to work for oDesk Corporation.
- Guru.com: this is another outsourcing websites that provides work to proofreaders. It is similar to the two websites mentioned above. As I said earlier on, it is important you build your reputation as a worker before you start bidding high. Also before you apply to work with any employers, try to read the reviews (if any) on them, so as to know how trustworthy they are. Both U.S. and non U.S. citizens can work on Guru.com. It is also free to work them.
On the final note, if you like to make a significant amount of money from proofreading, then you should follow these steps:
- You need to read about the rules of concord and grammar in general.
- It is important you keep updating your knowledge about how to be better at this job.
- You need consistency and accuracy.
You may also consider being an editor, and this will increase your revenue as a netprenuer. That means you have to read more and wide for you to be a good proofreader and an editor. Do you know any other websites that employ proofreaders, then why don’t you let us know?