Unique And Potentially Profitable Business Ideas
Is it Time For You to Go Out on Your Own?
The majority of us have a few skills that we have acquired throughout our years and also more than a little education to accompany them, when used correctly these basic qualities can be the basis for a profitable business venture. To start one's own business all that is really needed is a viable idea and a workable plan. Of course it is not as easy as that sounds there is also a lot of hard work, determination, and risk that go into operating your own business.
Check that there is a need for your product or service before you plot out your course of action. Having a strong entrepreneurial drive is important but awareness of current needs and a little extra available cash can definitely help when it comes to putting your business plans onto a pathway to financial success.
Provided here to help you find that niche business are a few suggestions, tips, and innovative employment ideas. If one of these concepts is a field you are interested in, knowledgable on, and most importantly willing to invest in then it may be time for you to bring out your entrepreneurial spirit.
Food is Always in Demand
Food manufacturing, growth, and packaging are employment areas that will never go out of demand. We all consume food and this is something that will not change. What has changed is the need and desire for a more sustainable source of nutrition. The booming popularity of the plant based burger is a perfect example of innovation within the food industry.
Their is a strong shift to increasingly humane animal practices, vegetarian protein, organics, environmentally friendly food sourcing, and reduced plastics in packaging options. Climate change concerns and a new wave of health awareness are affecting how consumers are choosing which foods they will purchase. There are many areas of interest that a new food based business can take advantage of today.
- Will you grow or produce food?
- Will you enter into the restaurant industry?
- Will you open a specialty food store or service?
- Will you deliver ready made food?
- Will you manufacture a food product such as mustard, jam, or pastries?
- Will you create a new packaging method or material?
- Will you design eco friendly bags, baskets or bins to replace current plastic ones?
The amount of space you have to operate your business and the degree of knowledge you have in this field will definitely help to shape which direction you move forward in. Alternative protein products can be a productive area to enter into.
- Farm grasshoppers or mealworms for human consumption. They take up little space, are eco friendly, and an excellent alternative source of protein.
- Manufacture a line of insect based protein products. These small creatures can be easily dried and ground into flour for baking. You can take advantage of a local market or a distant one.
- Produce vegetable protein options. Our health conscious population is ready to reduce their meat consumption if a viable option is available. You could grow and supply a product to a manufacturer or become a manufacturer in this area. Within the farming, packaging, and manufacturing of plant based proteins there are many business concepts that a company can niche into.
- Organic farming or food production: If a product is organic then it could be more appealing than an option that isn't.
- Edible flowers?
- Eco-friendly: Bamboo, wicker, cotton, linen, and hemp are alternative packaging options to plastic. Consumers need to package their purchases and are moving toward more environmentally friendly options making this an area of potential future growth.
How Independent Are You?
Have You Considered Starting Your Own Business?
We Are an Aging Population
With the baby boomers retiring we are indeed an aging population and with this shift in dynamics comes new demands in senior care, services, housing, medical, travel and financial needs. This opens up a number of niche areas that a person can use to develop a business plan in.
- Yard maintenance and landscaping
- Senior fitness instructor
- In home care worker
- Meal provider
- Entertainment coordinator
- Travel provider
- Sale of senior related products ie: mobility aides, scooters, security devices.
- Travel companion
- Nutritional consultant
Where there is a need there is also a viable business opportunity. Seniors often downsize their home and move into small accommodations. That extra cash may be used for their future care, investment, travel, or simply to discover ways to enjoy the abundance of free time they now find themselves blessed with. Little luxuries, nutrition, fitness, security, care, and travel can be key areas of interest to seniors as they age.
Recycling Offers Numerous Business Opportunities
All that waste has to go somewhere. Used clothing, electronics, plastics, wood pallets, glass, and metals are an unlimited source of product to draw from. Recycling and the environment are hot topics today so a venture that includes this theme can have many interesting and potentially profitable venues to enter into. If you can acquire the material you need at little cost then the items you produce can have a healthy net gain for your company.
- Recycling used clothing
- Reselling used clothing
- Used book store
- Used record store
- Recycling or repairing computers or other electronics
- Reusing metals
- Wood pallet recycling ie: Up-cycling the wood into fencing material or furniture.
- Glass recycling: Transportation to recycling facilities or manufacture of new products.
- Tire recycling
- Up-cycling used items into creative new usable products or art.
- Open a recycling facility and direct products to areas they can best be reused in
Opening a Co-op Can be a Viable Option
There are many situations where getting together with a group of like minded individuals can be a great way to enter into your own business. You can act as a coordinator or director of the operation. You provide the space and advertising and your participants provide the product.
- Co-op of artists
- Farmers market
- Flea market
- Craft market
Featuring local artists, produce, or products can be a great selling feature for any business.
There Are Many Qualities Which Dictate the Employment We Do
How Independent Are You?
You Can Choose to Provide a Service
Use your current skills to earn extra cash. It may be time to tap into the education and experience that you have garnered throughout the years. If you have held a job then you have picked up a few skills that have some degree of value to them. What talents do you possess that could provide a service to others?
- Fitness Instructor
- Nutritional Consultant
- Dog sitter or walker
- Pet groomer
- Dance Instructor
- Wedding planner or event coordinator
Where there is a want or need there is an opportunity to open a business to fulfill that requirement. You can start out small, part time or full time. It is entirely up to you the commitment you want to make to your business venture. Discover your niche, then be innovative, creative, and resilient.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Lorelei Cohen