- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
Used Waiting Room Chairs
Used waiting room chairs can be a great way to save some money while setting up a waiting room on a budget. The cost of setting up any waiting room or lobby can be quite costly and making smart purchases (like buying used waiting room chairs) can be a great way to get a better waiting room for less money. Now if you’ve been considering purchasing used waiting room furniture, it can be pretty intimidating trying find places that will have any for sale. The following tips will make your purchase easier and hopefully better.
There are a few reasons why you’d need to get waiting room furniture and each situation will dictate which solution is best for you. If you’re just starting out and need to set up a waiting room, you’re probably on a very strict budget because there are so many other things that need to be purchased (tables, décor, plants, receptionist equipment and supplies). If you’re updating an old waiting room it could be that the chairs have degraded past the point of use or merely that you’re trying to update the look of your waiting room to stay current and give the waiting room a more comfortable feel.
Depending on which of the above describe your situation certain tips may not be as helpful or apply at all. Each of these are merely suggestions on how to find cheap used waiting room furniture; use them as a guideline to point you in the right direction. That being said, here are some useful tips on how to buy used waiting room chairs.
1. The first thing that you’ll need to consider when buying used waiting room furniture is what your budget is. It’s real easy to start out with a budget for the entire waiting room or even perhaps a range in mind on how much you want to spend on waiting room chairs but it’s important to pick a number and stick with it or else you’ll start to creep up to more and more expensive furniture. You might as well buy new waiting room chairs at that point.
2. The second thing that will help with your purchase decision is to pick out a layout. Knowing how you’re going to arrange the furniture will help you decide two things: how much furniture you’ll need and what kind of furniture you’ll need. One of the cheap used furniture ideas combines two chairs and a table together in a chair-table-chair fashion. These styles are great because they’ll save you money (they’re generally cheaper than the individual components) and they provide the buffer space that strangers prefer. However, if you’ve got a lot of corners or other areas that would prohibit this style of waiting room furniture then you’ll want to know this upfront before you go shopping. This step also helps to keep you on budget.
3. The third thing to do is decide if you’re looking for modern or contemporary waiting room furniture or if you want the sterile but functional old waiting room chairs look. If you’re not concerned about how your waiting room will look then go for whatever you can find, but it’s important to have some sort of matching used waiting room furniture. This provides a cohesive element that makes people comfortable.
4. The fourth thing to consider is where you’re going to find the used waiting room furniture. There are a couple of good places to start such as eBay or craigslist.org. These sights might have some available, but as with any internet purchase you’re taking a bit of a risk. The nice thing with eBay is that they have a feedback system that is supposed to prevent fraud and misrepresentation but it’s not the same thing as seeing it in person. Also with Craigslist you get to see it before you hand the money over (if you buy from the local craigslist).
5. If neither of these options then you may want to consider one of these options: Checking out the Salvation Army or Goodwill stores, checking with a consignment shop, asking around about updates or renovations that local offices might be doing, checking with a construction company that handles large renovations (of schools, airports, auditoriums, etc.) as there’s an off chance they might have something from a jobsite.
A lot of these tasks will take work and may be a little outside of your comfort zone. The one thing to keep in mind is that by doing this there is the potential to save a ton of money, especially if you get a lucky score and find some that was going to be tossed anyhow. There are some additional websites online that have used waiting room chairs in their inventory or are in the business of collecting and selling use furniture. These sites might be a good place to start to get you into the mode of looking around for used waiting room chairs.
- 1000Ways on HubPages
Hi! My name is Reed. I love to learn about stuff...all kinds of stuff: alternative energy, brewing, cooking, you name it. I also love share my...