How to Use Google Adsense on Posterous
1. Create an ad unit inside your Adsense dashboard. Your best bet is the wide sky scraper (160x600). This one fits in the Posterous Clean Sheet theme sidebar nicely.
2. Create a text file on your computer using TextEdit (mac) or NotePad (windows). If you know how to create an html file then you can skip this step 3.
3. Put the following into the blank editor. Save the file as filename.html (Replace the underlined with whatever you see fit)
<meta content='description' name='description'/>
<meta content='keywords' name='keywords'/>
<meta content='author' name='author'/>
Edit the meta content so that the ads will be catered to your blog. This makes them relevant. Make the keywords, description, title, and author whatever you want. The title can be the same as your blog name. List as many keywords as you want.
4. Upload file to the Public folder in dropbox. Once file is uploaded, view it in your browser. The link in the address bar is the link you'll need for step 6.
5. Customize your Posterous theme. Under your Space options, click on "Customize". Choose the theme you want to work with and then click on "Advanced". Then click "Enable advanced editing".
You can use Ctrl+F (windows) or Command+F (mac) to easily find where you want to place your iframe. To easily put yourself in the right position search for "contributors" "tag" or "search" (based on Clean Sheet layout; this could vary for you).
6. Paste the code for the iframe where you want the adds to appear.
<iframe src="Dropbox address of .html file" width="161" height="601" scrolling="no" frameborder="0">
Change the underlined above with the link of your dropbox html adsense file and adjust the measurements accordingly.
7. Save your edits and then view your newly designed Posterous Space! Congratulations!
Does this work for you? Questions? Comments?