- Business and Employment»
- Small Businesses & Entrepreneurs
Waiting Room Chairs
Waiting room chairs are more than just office furniture, they’re the first impression a client or patient has of your business. When you’re setting a new office you have enough things to worry about getting everything set up (hiring the right talent, setting up billing, etc.) that you don’t want to have to worry about ancillary stuff like buying waiting room furniture. It’s tempting to buy the first cheapest set up you can find to just “check that off the list”. With some help from this guide, you’ll find that not only is it easy to get the waiting room set up that you want, but it’s not that expensive.
Now if you’re updating an old office you’ve probably got some ideas in mind in terms of what type of furniture you want, probably some affordable yet modern waiting room chairs. You probably know what works and what kind of layout. Now all you need to do is find the right prices. Not so fast. You’ll want to make sure to check out the guide below on how to develop the message you want to send to your clients.
The type of waiting room chair that you want for your office is going to depend on several things; size of the office, design or style (which ties in to the message you want to send), maintenance and budget. I understand that this probably isn’t the most important thing that you have to think about but after this guide and little bit of online research you’ll have a fully furnished waiting room that you’re happy with, your clients are happy with and that will help make your business go that much smoother.
1. Size of the office/waiting room. This may seem like a no-brainer, if you have a big office you’ll need more waiting room chairs but there’s more to it. If you have a smaller office you’re going to want chairs that fit well together. There are several models that come as a single unit and others that interlock into each other. Larger spaces can accommodate more modern furniture (which take up more floor space) and contemporary artwork.
2. Design/Style. This is largely dependent on personal taste of both you and your clientele. More importantly it ties in with the message or ambiance that you want to provide. If most of the clients you have are older, then you probably want to go with a neutral or more classic waiting room chair. If your clients are younger then you may want to have contemporary waiting room chairs.
3. Maintenance. Unless you have a cleaning crew that can care for them, you’ll want to consider the maintenance of the waiting room chairs. In general vinyl chairs are a lot easier to keep clean and you won’t have to worry about spills but they tend not to last as long as upholstered or plastic chairs.
4. Budget. I kept this last because, while it is a factor in buying waiting room chairs, it should be the least important factor in your decision. Make sure to stay within your budget but to shop around for the best prices on waiting room chairs. You’d be surprised to see the difference between a simple and a modern waiting room chair can be as little as $20. Granted this difference can add up to a big savings but keep in mind the other three suggestions and their significance.
There are a lot of good resources online for buying waiting room chairs. If you do a little bit of research you should be able to find good, affordable waiting room chairs that will meet your needs. If you absolutely must save on your office furniture you can try looking online for used waiting room chairs which can be a lot more affordable if you find a good deal. As with most things in life, a little bit of homework will go a long ways.
Other Office Chair Resources
Leather Office Guest Chairs – A quick guide on getting leather office guest chairs for your office, meeting room or waiting room.
Office Guest Chairs – Tips on determining the right guest chair for your office and how to find the best deals.
Ergonomic Executive Chairs – Article discusses the importance of finding the right fit between the variety of ergonomic executive chairs, you and any medical conditions you may have.
How to Choose the Right Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair for you – An excellent guide that details the ins and outs of picking an ergonomic mesh office chair and discusses how find the right one for you.
- 1000Ways on HubPages
Hi! My name is Reed. I love to learn about stuff...all kinds of stuff: alternative energy, brewing, cooking, you name it. I also love share my...