- Business and Employment
Want to get promotion or a job or might be just some more success.WORK ON YOUR E.Q.
It is now perceived that EQ is the important missing link to life's success. Emotional intelligence plays a crucial role in everyday life, and even the so called "normal" people can enhance their emotional competency through conscious efforts.
There is a clear distinction between IQ and EQ. IQ i.e. Imotional Quotient is likely to be linked with only educational excellence, attainment of grades, higher education, avoidance of dependence,etc. However there is no proof that IQ plays any significant role in success at career or at work place. EQ on the other hand can be learned or increased quite fairly and easily unlike IQ. Emotonal knowledge is the level of perception and assesment that an individual has of his emotions at any given moment in time. The abilities of EQ can be assessed by criterion based tests,one is given below go on try it and then we'll discuss its outcomes how to improve them and more over why to.
What is your emotional IQview quiz statistics
Five Emotional Competencies
- The ability to identify and name one's emotional states and to understand the link between emotions, thought and action
- The capacity to manage one's emotional states and to control emotions or to shift away from undesirable emotional state
- The ability to enter into an emotional state, associated with a drive to achieve and be successful
- The capacity to read , be sensitive to, and influence other people's emotions
- The ability to enter and sustain satisfactory interpersonal relationships
The emotional competencies are developed on in a hierarchy. At the bottom of this hierarchy is the ability to identify one's emotional state. Some knowledge of previous "competency" is needed to move up to the next competency.
Enhancement of personal competence
Well personal competence can be enhanced through following interventions:
- Self-awareness: only when somebody is aware of their strengths and weaknesses, they can maximize their potentials.
- Self-management: Using awareness of your emotions to manage your response to different situations and people.
- Relationship management: Understanding the perspective of one's own emotions and the emotions of others to manage relationships to a successful outcome.
- Social competence and Social awareness: Understanding the perspective of other people including their motivations, their emotions, and the meaning of what they do and say.
EQ is the ultimate tool for success in career
There are examples of scholars who were spectacular on paper and being picked by all the top organisations on the basis of their resume. But with the passage of time, arrogance came across all too clearly and ultimately they ended up with only one job offer, from a second-tier outfit.
However, the candidates who are not academically brilliant but are adept interpersonally and everyone who works with them like them could land up with seven job offers out of eight interviews and shall have a run away success in every field only because of high emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence skills are cognitive ones; top performers have both. The more complex a job more emotional intelligence is required.
Desired traits in candidates of successful organizations:
- Desire to make contributions to society, leadership potential.
- cooperativeness and teamwork, skills at negotiating disagreement
- Group interpersonal effectiveness
- A sense of wanting to develop one's career and take pride in accomplishments
- Personal management , Self confidence
- Adaptability and creative responses to setbacks and obstacle
- Listening and oral communication
- Motivation to work toward goals
All of it can be developed if one seriously works upon his or her emotional intelligence.