- Business and Employment
Ways To Find A Job.
In Washington slightly more Americans have been applying for unemployment, which was recorded in February 2012. However, Joseph La Va Vorgana stated " We are not concerned by the modest rise in claims, because the down tread remains firmly in place". Fewer Americans are filing for unemployment, because they cannot file for unemployment twice unless they have worked between the times they file for unemployment. Unemployment lasts about a year, so if someone has been out of work for two years, unemployment runs out and they cannot file again.
However, even though many people are out of work these days, there are several ways to find jobs, even during a recession. Some are difficult, some are less then a person is qualified for, but the job is still worth it. There are ways to find employment that have become better and make it
Ways To Help Being Hired.
1) Volunteer or Freelance in the Company you want work for. Many companies would love to have someone to work without paying him/her. It saves the company money, and also allows the company to see if the person who is freelancing has the skills they need. Believe it or not, many companies hire the person who works for free.
2) Look for the industries that need people to work for them the most. Like research companies, nursing, and any health care company, education. These places are growing and need more people to help them.
3) Develop a personal interview. Many interviews start with the question " Please tell me a little about yourself". Don't go back to far. This question is very important . The interview only wants to know what you have accomplished in the job market. It only takes a few minutes, and might be the reason you are hired or not. During this interview, stay positive you can do this job. A few days after the interview, send a Thank You card to the person who interviewed you. Thank him/her for taking the time to interview you. It only takes a few minutes, but it reminds the person who interviewed you. Even if he/she has interviewed 20 people the person who sends the Thank You card reminds him/her of you.
Where To Look For A Job
A few years ago, people looked in the newspaper to find a job, that does not work anymore. Most companies do not post jobs in the newspaper anymore.
1) Craigslist A few companies post on Craigslist, but not a lot. Just a few. Maybe just one step up from the newspaper.
The best way to find a job is to go online. There are many places online that list jobs. Here a just a few of them, but they are very good.
1) snagajob.com is a site that lists jobs near you. This website also emails you when new job posts come up.
2) careerbuilder.com is a very large online website, and is a partner with MSN and AOL. careerbuilder.com is also linked with Facebook, Twitter, and linkedin which are also online companies that are hiring.
3) linkedin.com is a website for professionals and posts jobs for them all around the world. As of February 9th. Linkedin 150 million professionals working all around the world.
4) jobs.monster.com is a website that lists jobs by location. A person looking for a job could click on the state they live in, then click on the city. After that, the person can type in they job they want and the job listings appear.
So, if you are looking for a job, these links might be helpful. At least when you try to find a job, it is better then giving it up.
If you have any advise for people who are looking for jobs, what can you tell them? Can you give them information not in this hub, information they can use. Many people need jobs. What is the best way to find a job? So, many of people need help finding jobs your advise might help.
Since this hub was first published unemployment rates have gone down. More people are working. Start looking for a job now. Go to google, Find out which places need more people, which places are hiring. Even if you need to go back to school. You can find a job!