Ways To Remember Important Events
The Fridge Can Be Helpful!
Below, is a short list of the different ways to help you remember dates or certain events more easily over the years, the times and methods have changes. There are far more other ways to remind yourself of the upcoming schedules . These are just some of the better ones, in my opinion.
1. Alarm Clock: A good way to help you remember to get up in the mornings or if you need to be woke up from a nap, always set your alarm clock so that you can wake up on time. Some people use music while others prefer to have preset noises programmed on the clock to force them to get up. If you still have problems waking up even if it's from a nap, you may want to put your clock across the room, this will force you, to get up, to turn off the clock. This is turn may make you wake up a little bit easier.. It is an old and simple method but, an alarm clock has withstood the test of time, pun intended.
2. Sticky Notes: Write yourself reminder notes and place them near your purse, keys or wallet (foe the next day), so you will be able to see the note. Another good place is to stick them on your bathroom or dresser mirror. This way the note is in your face! Always keep a post it pad nearby as it may come in handy sometime. You may have a random thought, or need to write down a number or email address. I am the world's worst to have the best thought, but, will not be able to remember it for two minutes. I try to keep something handy to jot down these random ideas.
3. Record it: Use a smart phone, a computer or a tape recorder to record the events or really anything you may not want to forget. You can set alerts that will remind you that something is coming up. Never underestimate this idea especially with smart phones that can record things and remind you of them. Use the technology today don't be afraid of it.
4. Rehearse or repeat out loud the things you need to remember. Right before bedtime is the best time to rehearse. The next day it will be fresh on your mind. You can do this to memorize lines in a play or to learn a song. You can also use the repetition. This is a proven system that works. Repetition works if done enough and properly.
5. Association Game: Either use the facts method such as: Where is it from? Who made it? Remember to use the same letter to think of an object that starts with the same letter etc. Sounds a bit wacky but it does work.
6. With all the electronic devices now a days, everyone reaches for that device when going to record an event. I Pad, Smart Phone and a tape player are all ways to remember things by using the notebook option.
7. Calendar: A calendar is a great way to plan events. There are all kinds of stickers and reminders to go on the calendar to make particular days of importance stick out.
8. Tell someone: This idea may seem to be stating the obvious. I always say that "two heads are always better than one." I am not ashamed anymore to have someone that I can count on to help me remember important dates.
9. Refrigerator: Where do we go each and every day? The fridge of course. A note in your face each and every day is another simple, inexpensive way to remind yourself in an "in your face," kind of way. Of course you can substitute the fridge for a bathroom mirror or the mirror in your bedroom.
10. Sleep: You must get adequate sleep to handle things. Lack of sleep is harmful and causes the brain to not function properly. Sleep deprivation has been proven to be detrimental at times to your health.
* Please share your ideas for remembering important ecents by leaving your comments in the box located at the bottom of this hub.
Which Is The Best?
What Is The Best Way To Remember Events?
- Ebay Can Be a Money Maker
This hub describes how you can use EBay as a means to make money. Selling household items is a great way to get started. You tube videos, pictures, polls and commentary are listed in this article as well as other facts and information about selling o
- How To Sell Items Using Craigslist
This article demonstrates how to use Craigslist to sell your items. Make sure to describe in full detail the merchandise that is being sold. Pictures, you tube video clips, polls and commentary are featured in this hub as well.
- How to Make a Highly Targeted Prospect List for Sales
This hub documents how to increase profits to your company by increasing sales. Making lists of potential clients is important. Depending on what your company is will of course be vital in determining which strategy you should choose. Pictures, video
- Pros and Cons of Running A Business
One of the pros about running your own business is that you get to be your own boss and set your own hours. A con is that you incur a lot of expenses when owning your own business.
- How to Turn a Passion into a Successful Profession
This article documents how to turn your dreams into reality by setting goals and working towards accomplishing them. Pictures, you tube clips, polls and commentary are also listed in this hub.
- How to Maintain a Safe Workplace
This article describes ways to keep your workplace safe for the employees. Wet floor signs, clutter free office space and unblocked fire exits are just a few of the things detailed in this hub. Pictures, you tube videos, polls and commentary are list
- How to Get Men to Take You Seriously
This hub documents the problems many women face in the workplace. The way a woman dresses and carries herself has a lot to do with how they are treated. You tube clips, pictures, polls and commentary are listed in this article as well.
- How to Advertise in an Economic Recession
This hub describes some of the ways you can advertise during a money crunch. Sending e mails and advertising on free online sites are ideas to save cash. Pictures, polls, video clips and commentary are listed in this article as well as other ways to
Tricks to Memorization
Alarm Clock Ranking
Use Technology To Your Advantage
Use your I Phone or IPad to alert you of upcoming events. Also, Computers can be used to help remind you of important events or appointments. Do not be shy about asking others to help you remember stuff as well. Computers can give you voice reminders and e mail reminders also. Also, you can set voice remindre's with certain apps which is a very unique and useful technique.
© 2012 Buster Johnson