- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
How Create a Blog that will get Your Voice Heard.
What is a blog?
Let me start with a formal definition of what a blog is. Believe it or not, some people are confused and think a blog is an article or a journal entry but they are a little different.
- "A blog is a regularly updated website or we page, typically run by an individual or small group, that is an informal or conventional style."
- "A blog is a collection of posts, short, informal sometimes controversial and sometimes deeply personal..... With the freshest info at the top. - Meg Hourihan
Most people create blogs for one of two reasons, to help people to learn something new or to be a positive inspiration to people everywhere. Every person has a voice and they want to be heard. Blogs give regular people a chance to share their voice with thousands of interested readers everyday. I wanted to share a few reasons why someone would want to start their own blog.
1. A Blog allows you to promote value and help others out there looking for what you have to offer. Getting your knowledge, value and information out into the world using your blog as the vehicle allows you to be a help many people all at once. You may be the answer to their questions or the one who solves their problems. Every blog on the internet helps different people in some way shape or form. A lot of new bloggers feel like they don't have much information to offer. Even when you think that you have nothing to offer the world, you will surprise yourself because you have more value than you think you do!
2. A Blog can help you grow your business. If your company does not have a blog, you are missing the boat and a lot of self promotion. Your blog can turn a prospect into a paying client just by providing them with valuable information, quality products, new promotions and fresh ideas.
You would also use your blog to promote yourself as an expert in your industry or business. Gaining the respect of your colleagues is truly valuable. You want to be the go to person. The one people look to for guidance It can open doors and create many new opportunities for your business and you as a business owner.
3. A blog can be used as a hobby or even a personal journal if that is what you choose it to be. I feel that a blog that is a personal journal is different from one that you use to share value and information. Journal bogs serve as a great tool to help you get through some tough times. If you find that you have way too much on your hands or need an outlet, a blog is a wonderful thing for you! I suggest you pick a topic that you are interested in or something that you have a lot of passion for and research it. Searching your topic gives you an opportunity to learn, to become an expert and to share your knowledge and findings with the world.
Again, when you share what you learn, it may turn out that you are helping others who have questions on the topic that you are now knowledgeable in. Always remember to have fun when you are blogging. It should never feel like it's a job. You should enjoy what you do. Share your voice with the world.
Now..... You know what a blog is and what it can do for you. Are you ready to start your own??
Happy Blogging Bloggers!