- Business and Employment»
- Business Management & Leadership
A Project Charter to create a Fibromyalgia Walk/Run Fundraiser
The mission of the fund raiser is to raise awareness for Fibromyalgia and to help fund the
research that is needed to find out the cause of this disorder.
Problem and result statement
“A problem statement is a clear concise description of the issue(s) that need(s) to be addressed by a problem solving team. It is used to center and focus the team at the beginning, keep the team on track during the effort, and is used to validate that the effort delivered an outcome that solves the problem statement.” (Chris, (2013), p.1). The word Fibromyalgia brings to mind many questions and the funding to find these answers is not there from the government.
The 5 W’s are the next step in the problem statement, Who, What, When, Where and Why. The problem affects the National Fibromyalgia Research Association, those that have Fibromyalgia, the families that take of those affected, the care givers in the medical profession. If awareness for the disorder is not broadcasted to everyone and money is not raised then the people will still suffer with no relief. Some drugs have been approved to help with the maintenance but not everyone can take them. If we do not focus on the issue of alternative treatments that are less tolerated then some people will remain bedridden, some people will get depressed and give up. Some will not see any future for themselves because of the delibating parts of this disorder. The stakeholders are the customers of the current drugs that either cause grave side effects or cause them to suffer more.
The last part is the method for which the problem will be solved. The method will be on a Kaizen structure to create the walk and make people aware of the problem.
Project scope statement
To make bring out awareness about Fibromyalgia and the flight of how debilitating it can be and how it affects people. To raise money by having a 5K Walk/Run to show support for the National Fibromyalgia Research Association help them continue in their research.
What people would like for fund raising
What are your preferences for a fund raiser?
- The major deliverables will start with going to support meetings and letting them know about the
- Walk that is being planned and find out how they would like to be involved.
- The awareness can be provided by speakers who will give talks and provide answers for the community.
- The local press will heavily advertise the walk as well as try to incorporate them into sponsorship along with other corporate sponsors.
High-level milestones for significant events
- High-level scope defines the sides of the box and separates what is relevant to your project from that which is irrelevant.
- The High-level milestones will be to decide a date in the future and start campaigning for corporate sponsors to get on board.
- It may in the form of providing T-shirts or balloons to go along the walk route.
- Volunteers will be added by the promotion from the press TV and print.
- Contact the National Fibromyalgia Research Associations website to promote the walk and help attain speakers for the event.
My experience with trying to do this event
Ok, so far all I have done is put it all on paper for my capstone for my MBA. I did leg work to figure it was what I wanted to do but I have never really put into action. Our town has a lot of walks that go on throughout the year. I have never contacted the parks or anyone to see if the walk/run could even be done. I have attended other walks in Kansas for Fibromyalgia, in fact I will be attending one on 9/13/14 to sing the National Anthem and then to participate myself. I understand that people with Fibromyalgia are not much for walking unless they feel up to it. It is a fund raiser that needs more attention. The walks for Fibromyaglia do not get a day with a national commercial. It is an idea that needs to be looked into and put into action. Who can help me with that?
Project Charter for Fund raiser
Milestones of what needs to be done
Fund raiser for Fibromyalgia
Answer the 5 W's - Who, What, Where, When, and Why
One of the parks that would a great place for a fund raising walk would be Stephens Lake.