- Business and Employment»
- E-Commerce & How to Make Money Online
3 Incredible Reasons Why Revenue Sharing Websites are Perfect for Your Writing Gig
Revenue sharing sites are those that allow writers to post articles for free, so that the earnings generated by those articles are shared between the writer and the site. The ratio of sharing can vary from site to site. Some sites offer 50-50, while the others give writers the higher share. But if you must ask, is it really better to join revenue sharing sites than to run your own? The answer depends on a lot of factors. Only you can decide whether or not the scheme will work well for you. Learning about its advantages can help you make up your mind.
- Legitimate, Good-Paying Academic Writing Sites that Freelance Writers Should Not Miss
Academic writing is one of the best sources of online jobs. But be careful with scams. The sites discussed here provide real writing jobs, and use different payment methods.
- 3 No-Brainer Tips to Avoid Plagiarism
Plagiarism is the unauthorized use of ideas of another author. To become an academic writer, there are rules to follow. Don’t lose your chances of making money online with slip-ups that you can avoid.
- How Much Can You Really Earn from an Online Writing Job?
How much can you earn from an online writing job? Is it even enough to pay the bills, or is it just for people who don’t need money the way you do. Know the truth about the online writing job here.
Advantages of Revenue Sharing Sites
Revenue sharing is a growing business. Many writers who are still not sure about publishing on their own find it an excellent alternative. It is also appropriate if your objective is to increase your portfolio, or to get yourself acquainted with online writing. Below are the other reasons why you should write for revenue sharing sites.
- Free domain and hosting. A domain usually costs $9 or higher per year, while a hosting service is about $6 per month. But if you will write for revenue sharing sites, you will not have to worry about all these. Your part of the bargain is to post quality articles, and the sites will do the rest. The more articles you post, the higher your earnings can get. But should you decide to go your separate way some time in the future, you have the option to buy the domain, or transfer your blog to another hosting provider.
- Easy publishing tool. With revenue sharing sites, there is no need to learn about HTML, or to operate a content management system (CMS). Almost all of them provide a text editor tool, through which you can write, edit, and post articles. Some sites also provide tutorials on how to choose the right keywords for a topic, which can be a great help for those who are just starting out.
- Guaranteed traffic. If you run your own site, you are solely responsible for making it search engine friendly. But if you are writing for a revenue sharing site, this becomes a joint effort between you and the site. The site will help your articles get easily indexed by search engines, while you make ways to increase traffic to your posts. It is guaranteed traffic because most revenue sharing sites are already popular to major search engines.
It is not easy to run a website considering the costs and technicalities that come with it. In addition, because you cannot be sure about the rate of traffic to your site, you cannot guarantee your earnings. If you are paying for a hosting service each month and your site is not generating income, your site may only turn into a burden. With revenue sharing sites, your effort is the only required capital. Of course, writing for revenue sharing sites also has its disadvantages. But until you are ready to take on the challenge of being on your own, revenue sharing may be the best option you have.
© 2013 Marie Caraig