Why Your Team Is Your Biggest Asset?
A team plays a crucial role in every organization, be it small or big if you have a great team you can achieve your goals efficiently.
Why I am saying so?
Let me answer this with a question.
Have you ever thought, what will happen if one of your body parts will stop functioning properly?
Suppose you are very good at painting but unfortunately due to a tragic accident you lost your sight. You can't able to paint anymore.
Your entire body works as a team to accomplish your goals.
Likewise, we can get many examples from nature as well, from a tiny ant to large orcas, from a pack of wolves to flock of geese everyone works together to fetch their goal.
Learn Team work From Honeybees
This eusocial flying insect is not only helping us in the pollination of many flowers and fruits but also teach us a great lesson of teamwork. A hive of honey bees can consist of up more than 10000 bees and they work as a cross-functional team, they work with proper coordination. Each of them has a predetermined job. The queen lays eggs, the worker bees construct the hive and provide food, and the drones are there to make sure that the hive keeps on growing. They have defined roles and responsibilities and all of them contribute to strengthen and grow the hive.
Benefits of Having a Great Team
- Opens the door of new and innovative ideas: Every individual is different and unique in their own way so do their ideas. If you are working with a great team, you will be poured with numerous different ideas. Businesses flourish when they have a diverse team of people who can contribute to individual ideas.
- The anticipation of risk: An effective team can anticipate the risk which is highly essential for any business. If you can analyze the problems earlier you get prepared accordingly.
- It lessens the stress: If you have a team that is supportive enough to lead the work in your absence then it's blissful. A highly efficient team always ensure that the deadline is met.
- Efficient and faster work: A strong team is capable of delivering efficient and effective work at a faster pace.
- Division of work: When work is divided up among members of a team, it gets done faster, making the overall business regulate more efficiently.
- Problem Solving: A team with different minds will foster creativity. Hence helps in solving the problem. It improves productivity.
- They work on one vision. Your team will develop a sense of camaraderie as they work toward a common goal.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships." – Michael Jordan
How to Build a strong Team
- Knowledge sharing: It was rightly said by Mr.Booker T. Washington if you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else. Sharing your knowledge with others will provide more exposure to your talent and helping your teammates helps you to build your own organization.
- Training: Proper training is highly essential for building a strong team. Hone their skills by providing them intensive knowledge-based training.
- Upgrade their skills: As change is the only constant we need to keep upgrading our knowledge. In order to sustain in the competitive world. You need to constantly upgrade your teams by introducing them to different knowledge-based sessions.
- Provide them a fun-filled office culture no one wants to work by sitting on a pressure cooker. Occasionally arrange some exciting outdoor games, go for outings in a year. People love these things to relax their lives.
- Motivate: Motivation is an important life skill. The reason it’s significant is that every person on this earth is different and has a purpose. To achieve your purpose well, your team has to be motivated to work towards your goals which helps your dreams become a reality.
- Confidence: Boost their confidence so that they can lead in your absence.
- Trust: Trust them, give them the confidence that no matter what you are always there for them.
- Make them believe that all of you have one vision and one mission and never allow any sort of negativity in the system that hamper your productivity.
Even if you have given birth to many innovative ideas but they may fail before seeing the light of the day because of the failure of execution. If you really have brilliant ideas then hire and build a mastermind team to execute them properly.No one in the history of the world had ever achieved alone without a good support system.
© 2020 Suchismita Pradhan