- Business and Employment»
- Character & Professionalism
Work: Happiness at Work
Are we really happy at work?
If you are a white-collar worker and happen to come across my blog, then you are reading the right article. Most of us follow, most of the times, a monotonous routine daily as far as our workplace is concerned - enter the office, work for a few hours and come back home. But there is one question that we really need to ask ourselves ---- are we really happy at work?
The answer to the above question in most cases is a "NO!".
Unhappiness at work --- Interesting facts
There are many articles on the internet that focus on the solution to be happy at work. I would instead mention some few interesting workplace facts from an article in Economic Times below:
- Studies show that employee happiness is the main factor that drives business success.
- Happiness at work depends only on results (being good at your work and being proud of it) and relationships at workplace (i.e. company culture)
- The bossy culture and hierarchical structure are also hampering employee happiness.
Please visit the link below to understand the true relationship between job and happiness.
Economic Times article
- Fun at work: Making people happy all over the world is my dream job, says Alexander Kjerulf - The Ec
Living in Copenhagen, Kjerulf presents, consults and conducts workshops on happiness at work and conferences with clients including DaimlerChrysler & Tata. In an interview, Kjerulf speaks about job,happiness and the relationship between the two.
I hope that reading this article has given you some insights and has been helpful. I would appreciate if you give me your feedback on the article.