- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
Working on a Cruise Ship - 3 Best Paying Jobs on Cruises
Why work on a cruise ship?
That's probably the first question the comes to mind when you hear about cruise ship jobs. Right? Well I think the most obvious answer to that question is also one of the best: you'll be working on a cruise ship. What's more fun than being able to spend your days going from Island port to Island port, enjoying the ocean breeze and sun - and at the same time make some money.
Cruise line jobs vary from cruise ship to cruise ship, with some offering better pay and accommodation than others. Working on a cruise ship, however, can be a great experience - especially if you want to have some sort of career involving boats and the ocean.
The best jobs on a cruise ship will differ from person to person. Some of us might just want the best paying job for working on a cruise ship. Some of us may prefer to work on Australian cruise ships; perhaps some of us like to entertain and don't care about the pay. Some of us may just want to work on a cruise ship just for the fact that it is a cruise ship.
Whatever it may be, here are the top 3 best paying jobs for working on a cruise ship:
Casino Cruise Ship Jobs
One of the best paying Cruise ship jobs in the world is working at the Casino on the Cruise ship. This is a great job for working on a ship for numerous reasons You'll meet many new people (people love to spend their money) as well as be in a vibrant and exciting atmosphere.
What kind of casino work on a cruise line is for you? It depends on your experience, what you like to do, and how much you're willing to work for.
- Casino Manager - This is one of the best paying jobs on a cruise ship, but also requires a lot of experience. You need to be fluent in the English language, and have experience in casino management. Pay is around 3500 a month.
- Assistant Casino Manager - Similar to the casino manager position, except you'll be paid less and don't need as much experience.
- Casino Dealer - Don't need much experience, but some is recommended. Paid around 2000 a month.
- Slot Technician
More Cruise Ship Staff Jobs
- Fitness Instructor
- Youth Activities
- Scuba Diving
- Golf Instructor
- Life Guard
Do You Want To Work on A Cruise Ship?
Cruise Entertainment Jobs
One of the main reasons people go on a cruise is for entertainment purposes. We want to be entertained, wherever we are and, especially, when we're out at sea (for some reason). There are many cruise ship jobs that are designed for you to be the entertainer; these are great jobs that will never make you bored and will pay well.
The best part about being a cruise ship entertainer is that there are many different entertainment jobs. If you're particullary good at one thing (maybe you're a great swimmer) working on a cruise ship can be an easy and fun job.
Types of Cruise Ship Staff Jobs:
- Cruise Director - By far one of the best paying jobs on a cruise ship (almost 7000 a month), this is also one of the most important jobs. A lot of experience is required (2 - 5 years of cruise ship experience). You have to be good at public speaking and organization skills.
- Assistant Cruise Director - The second in command to the cruise director. 1 -2 years of experience needed.
- Social Hostess - Master of ceremonies; oversea the majority of entertainment.
- Cruise Staff - This is the biggest employment of a cruise ship and is one of the most average paying jobs. That's okay. Not much experience is required (but is preferred).
Cruise Ship Food and Beverage Jobs
How important is food and beverage on a cruise ship? Probably the most important thing of all (besides making the ship actually move). By being so important allows for some of the best paying jobs on a cruise ship, as well some of the most fun, and easiest.
One of the best paying jobs is being the head waiter or waitress in the dining room (it pays almost 5000 a month), so those of you with experience apply now.
Other great Food and Beverage work on a cruise includes, Bartender, Bar Boy, Junior waitress, head manager, and accountant.