Sethughes profile image 92

Should employers be able to use Facebook material when deciding whether or not to hire someone?

I cant choose a definitive side on this issue. Does anyone have any thoughts?

nmdonders profile image83

nmdonders says

• Sethughes profile image

Sethughes 4 years ago

I completely agree with that, but when I look at it from the employers perspective, I almost feel as though it is unfair for the employer to not get a full look at the person he or she is about to make a huge investment in.

sethpowers profile image79

sethpowers says

• Sethughes profile image

Sethughes 4 years ago

I see this side of it too. In the evolved technological world we live in it is hard to justify not using social media to learn about others. It is there to connect with and learn about people. If a teacher was seen on Facebook getting drunk, well...

dennis.cherenkov profile image78

dennis.cherenkov says

• Sethughes profile image

Sethughes 4 years ago

I agree with that. This is especially true in a job where the customer has alot of interaction with the employee (like a salesman or financial advisor).