ShootersCenter profile image 81

What pct. of people in the US actually have jobs?

Someone tried to tell me that 60-80% of people have jobs. I guessed that only about 100-110 million people work of the 330 million people, which is only a third supporting the whole country. Does anyone know what the actual numbers are?

• Patty Inglish, MS profile image

Patty Inglish (Patty Inglish, MS) 4 years ago

That makes me think of a number of people that work under the table (no documentation of work) in my state.

Bretsuki profile image84

William Elliott (Bretsuki) says

• Patty Inglish, MS profile image

Good material, Bretsuki! And some people, as in when we were laid off in 2005, accept contractor work. I think that won't show an employed person in govt data until the person files IRS as self-employed the following Spring. Not sure.

Rock_nj profile image91

John Coviello (Rock_nj) says