It depends. I believe that most employees' toleration is based on their situation. For example, someone who is living from paycheck to paycheck might take more than someone who has some money put aside. Overall, I think most employees draw the line when they feel disrespected. This can be in many forms such as being talked down to, treated like property, being given more work than they can handle, etc.
Some things that might contribute to low workplace morale are:
- not having the right tools to do your job
- not being respected
- boss not having the necessary skills to manage you and/or help you when needed
- boss or co-workers not seeming to care about your workload or what is involved in getting your work completed
- co-workers slacking off with no consequences
- no support
- long hours or mandatory work schedules with no flexibility
I could go on and on but will stop there....