Starr Poetress profile image 66

Why is it bad to have skills and education when applying for a job?

If people have qualifications and education that are willing to work for less than their worth, why don't employers higher them? I have 15 years sales experience and almost a masters in business management, yet, I get overlooked for jobs. I even will put slightly under asking wage to let them know I am willing to start from the bottom up.

innerspin profile image92

innerspin says

• Starr Poetress profile image

Janet Renee Cryer (Starr Poetress) 5 years ago

I make it all the way to the interviews....

Rhonda_M profile image87

Rhonda Malomet (Rhonda_M) says

• Starr Poetress profile image

I am trying to hold out but my unemployment ran out and I am basically working for tips as a volunteer barista at an awesome coffee house that has live music. Technically, I'm getting more experience as we talk because I finally get to use my degree.

kat_thurston profile image59

kat_thurston says

• Starr Poetress profile image

I was hoping that it would show I was willing to work my way up, do you think it could have hurt me? Hmmmm I was over qualified but in town there aren't a great deal of options and, therefore, one has to take what they can get...