Any tips for conducting a long distance job search?

I am currently an Americorps volunteer, starting to look at more job options for when my service is over. I am single and have no kids, so basically most of the country is game for my job search. Any tips for when you're applying for a job from afar? I'm a little worried about the logisitcs of relocation, or scheduling/attending interviews when I'm on a very tight budget.

Life and Luxury profile image81

Best Answer Life and Luxury says

ElleBee 5 years ago

Very good point about cities having more job opportunities. The info on phone interviews is exactly what I was looking for.

isenhower33 profile image80

Bobby Isenhower (isenhower33) says

ElleBee 5 years ago

Yeah - I detest heat so Florida is out for me! I most likely will stick with the Northeast and/or Midwest (both of which I lived in before)... as for the rent/expenses thing its just impt that my income and expenses are in a good ratio

StandingJaguar profile image82

Amy (StandingJaguar) says

ElleBee 5 years ago

Yes indeed.com is great. I am focused more on #1 than #2 right now, as I'd be willing to relocate almost anywhere in the Northeast or Midwest. Good suggestion on explaining my readiness to move in cover letter.

Sarra Garrett says

ElleBee 5 years ago

Yes linkedin is great! I have been using it for about two years now, and its definitely helpful.