rclinton5280 profile image 82

Should small businesses file a class action lawsuit against google for manipulating search rankings?

Based on my recent experience, I believe google is using extortion type tactics to force small business owners to pay for advertising or be removed from the map. They changed the guidelines without notifying any of their users, and then left my listing alone until the day my adwords account went dry. That day I received a call from a rep to "verify" my account, which was actually a google representative flagging my account. My listing disappeared that day, and has not returned since. This is happening to small business owners all over. Do you think we should file a class action lawsuit?

Sapper profile image72

Sapper says

• rclinton5280 profile image

Robert Clinton (rclinton5280) 4 years ago

I appreciate the tips on on SEO, but you miss the point. This is not about organic search results. This is about removing my business from the map for not paying for adwords. Google places/local/maps deleted thousands of legitimate businesses.

Georgie Lowery profile image95

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

• rclinton5280 profile image

The lawsuit in question seeks damages for the losses suffered from unfair business practices. The FTC is going after them for manipulating the search results to favor their products and partners. The practice cost small businesses billions.