rgalloway56 profile image 86

If you were a recruiter for new hires, would you prefer video resumes over printed ones?

Let's say you are in Human Resources and you need to find a Controller for your company. Would you be more apt to view video resumes in your search, or would you prefer reading over printed resumes instead?

Tom T profile image80

Best Answer Tom T says

• rgalloway56 profile image

Rhonda Darlene Lucas (rgalloway56) 4 years ago

Thank you. After visiting a video resume website, I was disappointed in the quality of the videos. Also, they lacked enthusiasm. Good suggestion to keep it concise. The recruiter may have many to view so it's good not to become long winded.

Efficient Admin profile image92

Efficient Admin says

• rgalloway56 profile image

I like your take on this. A recruiter is not only looking for skills, but demeanor, confidence in speaking, enthusiasm and presence. I feel that a paper resume that contains a link to a video would be the best way to go.

Jeannieinabottle profile image86

Jeannie InABottle (Jeannieinabottle) says

• rgalloway56 profile image

I appreciate your side of things. You have a valid point. However, I think that if a paper resume contained a link to a video, a recruiter could make the choice to view, or not to view. For top professional positions, a video would be a plus.