StaceyCCVC profile image 59

Do you respond "Thank you" or "I know"

If someone shares with you information that you are already aware of, do you respond: "Thank you" or "I know"? In what situation would one or the other be more appropriate? How to you respond to someone who seems to always respond "I know"?

Fastian profile image80

Fastian says

• StaceyCCVC profile image

Stacey Cogswell (StaceyCCVC) 4 years ago

Thanks Fastian. I agree that a thanks is usually the more polite answer, which is why I posted the question. I get "I know" a lot (especially from co-workers). I was starting to wonder if I was in the minority on this manor.

dghbrh profile image66

deergha (dghbrh) says

• StaceyCCVC profile image

My initial response (to the "i know") is usually to say "you're welcome" :) But that rarely would get a good result so I refrain.

• StaceyCCVC profile image

It is discouraging, to say the least, for me. I have a coworker who's regular response is "i know" and it makes it difficult to want to communicate.

Old Empresario says

• StaceyCCVC profile image

Nice comments, a response like you described would show that you listened and are engaged in the conversation.