Relationshipc profile image 90

Have you ever quit a job?

If you have, what kind of job was it and how did you feel after you quit? What did you do?

LisaKoski profile image91

Best Answer LisaKoski says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 4 years ago

Yelled at for being compassionate? Wow. Not the kind of job I would want to be at either. I can imagine the relief you felt.

Bishop55 profile image89

Rebecca (Bishop55) says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 4 years ago

I hear you! I have worked at both hospitals and nursing homes, and the neglect is what made me leave those jobs as well. I'm amazed that you had the insight at 18 to see that...a lot of younger people are not that aware. Sounds like a fun quit!

german83 profile image82

german83 says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 4 years ago

That's true. Even if the jobs sucks, you still feel awkward, weird, fearful of leaving it. I was saying to my husband that the feeling just means change is coming, and that's a good thing!

Shaddie profile image93

Shaddie says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 4 years ago

I feel a connection to you - I've quit 3 daycare/kennels and 1 pet food store. :) I agree, quitting allows you to dump built up stress and move on to something better. It's hard to see anything past the stress or anger when you are at a job you hate.

LoisRyan13903 profile image76

LoisRyan13903 says

• LoisRyan13903 profile image

LoisRyan13903 4 years ago

I also quit selling Kirby Vacuums after 3 days. That type of pushy sales is not my cup of tea

sarahmoose profile image84

Sarah Chewings (sarahmoose) says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 4 years ago

I wouldn't be able to do the outbound calling and deal in negative situations all day - what a drag. Good luck with your training!

WalterPoon profile image90

Poon Poi Ming (WalterPoon) says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 4 years ago

My mother could answer no. She went to college to become an x-ray technician and didn't work before then and she has never quit her job. Plus some people get let go instead of quit - I know I've been there. So it's not THAT rare. :)

stanwshura profile image70

stanwshura says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 4 years ago

It's nice to have another job lined up, especially when it is a step up. It makes it easier to give your notice for sure.

Rachna Rai profile image60

Rachna Rai says

• Relationshipc profile image

Kari (Relationshipc) 4 years ago

That's a great reason to quit your job!

skys profile image60

Samad Aslam Khan (skys) says