krisaclark profile image 72

In Google Keyword Tool, what do broad match, exact match, and phrase match really mean?

This has bugged me for some time now: what do 'broad match', 'exact match', and 'phrase match' actually mean in the Google Keyword Tool? I understand the concept, and I have read on many different sites what they are used for. But when I search 'xbox one' using the tool, there are 201,000 global searches when broad match is selected, and only 170 when I selected exact match. No matter what criteria exact match uses, that figure has to be incorrect. Is this an error?

Susana S profile image96

Best Answer Susana S says

• krisaclark profile image

Kris (krisaclark) 4 years ago

OK the 12 month average is probably why I'm getting that figure..thanks to both of you!

WryLilt profile image89

Susannah Birch (WryLilt) says