giopski profile image 58

Can your boss change your business email password without your consent?

In my absence of roughly two months, my boss intentionally changed my business email's password to be able to access my emails but WITHOUT my consent. Should this be a breach of one's privacy even if it's a business email?

Best Answer dashingscorpio says

• giopski profile image

giopski 3 years ago

The only problem I see here is that I was not informed that this is going to happen in my absence. It would seem to me that my boss just want to snoop through my emails without informing me. Thanks for this helpful answer.

• giopski profile image

giopski 3 years ago

Hi Ericdierker. I also thought the same way but then it dawned on me that there's no use stooping down to his level. Now I know what kind of a leader he really is. Thanks anyway.

nisargmehta profile image61

NISARG MEHTA (nisargmehta) says

• giopski profile image

giopski 3 years ago

Thanks for this very helpful answer. I just felt not being trusted as I have not even been informed about the change of the password. I just woke up one day and my password won't go through. I felt that my boss was just up for something.