gmwilliams profile image 82

What are the 10 ways that working for the government via civil service whether it's

local/municipal,state, or federal is analologous to the welfare system? People choose civil service because it is a guarantee of job security with its benefits. Civil service employees are seldom fired, even for unsatisfactory work performance. This means if an employee is unsatisfactory, he/she doesn't lose his/her job which is unfair to the more diligent employee. Employees can get away with things that they couldn't in private industry. Yes, civil service employees retire w/ enviable pensions. One can say that civil service employees have it MADE for the most part.

CWanamaker profile image94

CWanamaker says

• gmwilliams profile image

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) 3 years ago

I worked in civil service for 26 years and I have SEEN such people. Goverment employees get away with things that they would be FIRED for in private industry. I can tell you stories.