gmwilliams profile image 83

What words of advice would you give a Ph.D. graduate who is in a job beneath his/her

educational qualifications? A distant relative of mine has a son in his early 30s who has obtained a Ph.D. in Literature. He elected to be unemployed rather than to take a job beneath him;waiting for a commensurate job. However, after 4 years of being unemployed, it was suggested that he take a job in order to gain some type of work experience because he was informed by a counselor that it is better to be employed rather than unemployed as far as work history goes. He has a sales clerk job ; however, he hates the job which is evident in his bad attitude & abysmal work performance.

Efficient Admin profile image94

Best Answer Efficient Admin says

• gmwilliams profile image

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) 2 years ago

You know my mother said the very same thing to me when I had a typist job (I had a B.A. in Sociology/History). She told me to use that job as a leverage. Boy, I HATED that job, thinking it BENEATH me. She indicated that +thinking --->opportunitie

Austinstar profile image79

Austinstar says

• gmwilliams profile image

So TRUE......and LOGICAL! I believe that if one HATES a job, QUIT IT and get a job one is PASSIONATE about!

word55 profile image79

Word (word55) says

HR-Partner profile image80

Christine de Caux (HR-Partner) says