crackerjack9 profile image 81

When you work with disadvantaged people, how do you not 'take your work home with you'?

I am a substance abuse counselor in a detox facility. My main goal is to help clients find further treatment and help them prepare for sobriety. When they come into detox, their insurance pays for about 4-6 days. After that, even if I can't find a bed for them in another program, I have to tell them they have to leave-even if they're homeless and have no where to go. It's been two years and I still get knots in my stomach when I can't place a client. I lose sleep and can't get it out of my head. How would you separate work from home?

liesl5858 profile image80

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

Ian Moone says