Can I ask for an investigative report HR or sue if I cannot

I was told by management that there's a complaint filed against me and the findings were substantiated. I was never informed that I was the subject of an investigation nor was I interviewed by the internal investigator. They are now writing some general comment about my behavior in my performance evaluation. What can I do in this case? Can I ask to see the report so that I can see the allegations because it's affecting my evaluation? Interesting, management said they don't have one. I am not being told that this would not be in my personnel file. I don't trust them.

RTalloni profile image87

RTalloni says

gmac415 8 months ago

Thank you for the advice , Paula (fpherj48)!

Now I am being told that b/c I I was not subject to "disciplinary action" it won't be in my personnel file after I made it clear that I need to see the report and the allegations agnst me. very fishy.