- Business and Employment
How to Increase Sales on Ebay - 16 Creative Ways
The Best Ways to Increase Your Sales on Ebay and Make Your Auctions a More Profitable Business
The best ways to increase your sales on Ebay are to make your auctions more attractive to buyers, and to find new avenues as a seller to find new customers. Ebay isn't the only website out there where customers are looking for your products. Many buyers use search engines to seek out fulfill their purchase. Once you have your buyer in your store, you need to do everything you can to make them stay! Make an attractive store, layout, and overall great experience to retain those visitors within your Ebay business. Read on to find some easy tips to make your auctions more profitable, to get more traffic headed to your auctions, and to make your business more successful.
Increase Traffic and Find New Business Leads with These Easy Ebay Seller Tips
Start finding new avenues to sell your Ebay items and find what buyers want
* 1. Learn the basics of web copy writing and entice more buyers to your auctions.
* 2. Consider using sites like Bizrate and Shopzilla (via their merchant programs) to advertise your items in a price shopping comparison style.
* 3. Have as many online channels to be found on as possible. For growing businesses, focus on informational pages on your website, or start branching out externally through Hubpages, and through eBay Guides.
* 4. Start reviewing some of your popular items through eBay's reviews section. A valuable link to your store, and they only take a few minutes.
* 5. Pick one item from your eBay store daily and use your eBay store blog to describe and market it. Free, easy, and sure to attract some search engine visibility.
* 6. Customize your My World page to include details linking to your store, guides, reviews, blog posts, and include some basic information about yourself. (This is now called the Ebay profile page).
* 7. Really sell yourself by creating an excellent about me page for your business.. This is important!
Your About Me page is the one place you're allowed to link to outside of eBay. Use it wisely!
* 8. Install a custom counter on your auctions for seasonal items to make your listing more festive, if you have a visible counter.
* 9. Check your eBay fees often. Reporting does mess up. You may find yourself being charged twice for the same auction, not being credited store referrals, or being charged incorrect final value fees for items that you've relisted. Doing a quick scan of your fees can save you plenty of money, especially when you have numerous auctions ending on a regular basis.
* 10. Accurately measure, photograph, and describe the product. The more detail and honesty you provide, the less work overall for you in the form of returns, and the happier your customers will be! Double check your auction before making it live.
* 11. Always keep your eyes out for new, interesting product at places like yard sales, outlet stores, Craigslist, and through word of mouth. These items will drive traffic to your store and get you noticed by a new crowd. See more examples of places to find eBay inventory here.
* 12. Talk about your eBay store. If you don't tell people, then you're losing out on the most powerful form of advertising -- word of mouth.Learn how to create the perfect auction listing by following these tips outlined here.
* 13. Consider cutting your costs by investing more time than money. In other words, offer to sell other people's stuff in your neighborhood, from family, acquaintances, and friends. Broadcast this fact via email and you're sure to get a few takers.
* 14. Nothing attracts people like unique, handmade products. Get in touch with a productive artist, crafts person, or a group of artists and create your own online eBay gallery.
* 15. Promote your store on Facebook. Create a page for your business and link to individual items.
* 16. Consider opening up your bidding internationally. Even if you only sell to a handful of more countries like the UK, Canada and Japan, the potential buyers nearly doubles. Wouldn't doubling your sales be pretty good?
Don't forget to fill out all of the drop down box details in auctions. This can inhibit your chances of being found in the ebay search and cost you money.
Write up a rock solid return policy. eBay is cracking down and really encouraging sellers to allow returns. To avoid returns, state everything in your auction clearly where people can see it, and describe your item perfectly. Buyers are more likely to shop if they feel safe with a return policy.
Get more buyers interested with deeper links
Turn on the "listing frame" in your store to drive more traffic to pages within your store. This frame is a bunch of links above your listing, drawing buyers in through auctions. Find it through the "manage my store" section.
This is part two of a series.. find part one with 48 more ebay tips here!
Other Ebay Seller Tips Pages - More information to increase sales and grow your business
Here are some of my tips on Hubpages, an article site featuring thousands of useful pages from thousands of authors.
Marketing Books to Increase Your Business Presence and Profitability - Market to people that want to hear from you!
Marketing is an essential aspect of your campaign. As a seller, how will you find new customers? How will they find you? Are you utilizing everything that is at your disposal, like YouTube and Twitter? Are you finding the buyers that are in your niche, and do you know where they are? These books are excellent choices to start your marketing campaign the right way, by using web 2.0 websites, permission, and word of mouth marketing -- the most effective forms of getting the word out.
© 2009 Kiwisoutback